All reviews across the road croissants period building kettle provided breakfast was excellent gracious hosts genuine hospitality private parking no elevator first floor elegant hotel per day off street parking philippe courtyard palace chateau
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Amazing location, right across from Chateau de Fontainebleau. Easily accessible from Avon train station by cab or bus. Quick walk to Rue Grande restaurants, the Chateau, INSEAD campus and anything else of interest in Fontainebleau. Very comfortable bed. Clean. Good black out curtains. Very spacious room by French standards. Friendly staff. I didn't try the breakfast. The only thing not so great was lack of water pressure in the shower, and any toiletries. Bring your own shower cap, blow-dryer, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the Chateau - it's stunning.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the hotel del Londres and the staff were extremely helpful with every request. The breakfast is always very nice is always fresh. The room is also very comfortable. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and if I ever come back I would definitely stay here and will recommend to my colleagues.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Colombier, Propriétaire at Hotel de Londres, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Warm hospitality, classic, very neat and nicely decorated rooms. Just a very short walk away from the palaces & muséums. Price was acceptable (don't miss the breakfast!!). You can also walk you way into Fontainebleau easly.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Colombier, Propriétaire at Hotel de Londres, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Sir,
Thank you for this kind review.
Best regards

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Room Tip: We happened upon this hotel as we had not planned to spend the night in Fontainbleau. I lived in France for many years, so I am not easily impressed by a play on cutesy French. That was not the case here, thought is traditional French. The owner, who is, I believe third generation owner, mans the front desk. He's sincere, sweet, and very accommodating. It was late and I asked about some wine, for which I did not want to have to drive. This is not a typical request, unless accompanying a meal in a restaurant. Nonetheless, he produced a nice red, which he had personally selected and which I might add he didn't mark up the normal percentage, because he wanted to share something he appreciates. Our room, which let out onto the courtyard, had a brand new modern bath (something to appreciate in France, especially at this price point). Breakfast was delicious. It is located directly across from Fontainebleau. It was a real treat and this owner deserves tons of business for being the perfect, considerate, gracious host. Kudos! (He also gave us the "hook-up" on gated parking so we didn't have to unload all of our luggage from our rental Mercedes a/k/a rob me car.)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sheryl P
Colombier, Propriétaire at Hotel de Londres, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Thank you for your delightful review, I remember very well your stay, and happy that you have a good memory of Fontainebleau.
Best wishes..

Reviewed 20 September 2013

This hotel is an official Hotel de Charme, and it lives up to its credentials. Situated opposite the chateau it is not dominated by it, but offers genuine hospitality with the chateau as a backdrop.Each room is different, with modern decor and antique pieces, comfortable beds and beautiful bed linen. Breakfast is taken in a cosy room overlooking the chateau and there is a small attractive lounge. The courtyard is charming, but we did not use it due to the cooler weather. It is a privately owned establishment and so is well cared for. There is a small car park at €9 a night, and worth it. Slight downsides are poor quality towels, no toiletries except some shower gel and no lift, but I think there are rooms off the courtyard if stairs are a problem.

Room Tip: This is an old building so water pressure is poor for showers, but may be better in lower rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
PhilCol, Gérant at Hotel de Londres, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you for your kind review and just comments, always helpfull and encouraging to do better, we are we are in a process to change the bath linen, to buy instead of rent, as we have already done for the bed linen. And we think seriously about the lift, we will do it as soon as we can, this will be a big invest mainly if we care about not damaging the hold walls!
Thanks & regards.