All reviewsacross the roadperiod buildingkettle providedcroissantsgracious hostsgenuine hospitalityprivate parkingno elevatorfirst floorelegant hotelper dayoff street parkingphilippecourtyardpalacechateauparis
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Our family of 4 stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in June. We stayed in a deluxe room with a view of the castle. We picked this hotel because it was one of the few that would guarantee and air conditioning in your room. The room & bathroom were very nice. the bathroom was huge by French standards. It had a nice soaking with a shower. The only downside was that their is no elevator. So we had to haul our 6 pieces of luggage upstairs, however, the front desk clerk help a lot. We didn't eat breakfast there in the morning, but walked to the little center of town and had breakfast at a little bistro there. The kids enjoyed playing on the chateau grounds, they are free to enter - you only pay to go inside the castle. Walking around the castle is nice. There is a great organic sorbet cart that sells sorbet for you to take over by the water and eat while watching the castle or enjoying the grounds. There are also carriage rides around the grounds of the castle. Overall, I liked staying at this hotel bc it is literally across the street from the chateau, the rooms are nice, the bathrooms are big and the a/c works. They also let us park our car for free in a small gated driveway next to the hotel. We left our key with the front desk clerk in case he had to move the car. But that was fine with us.

Room Tip: castle view is very nice, but on the second floor so you've got to climb 2 flights of stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travelwithkids14
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Amazing location, right across from Chateau de Fontainebleau. Easily accessible from Avon train station by cab or bus. Quick walk to Rue Grande restaurants, the Chateau, INSEAD campus and anything else of interest in Fontainebleau. Very comfortable bed. Clean. Good black out curtains. Very spacious room by French standards. Friendly staff. I didn't try the breakfast. The only thing not so great was lack of water pressure in the shower, and any toiletries. Bring your own shower cap, blow-dryer, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the Chateau - it's stunning.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the hotel del Londres and the staff were extremely helpful with every request. The breakfast is always very nice is always fresh. The room is also very comfortable. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and if I ever come back I would definitely stay here and will recommend to my colleagues.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Colombier, Propriétaire at Hotel de Londres, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Warm hospitality, classic, very neat and nicely decorated rooms. Just a very short walk away from the palaces & muséums. Price was acceptable (don't miss the breakfast!!). You can also walk you way into Fontainebleau easly.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Colombier, Propriétaire at Hotel de Londres, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Sir,
Thank you for this kind review.
Best regards

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Room Tip: We happened upon this hotel as we had not planned to spend the night in Fontainbleau. I lived in France for many years, so I am not easily impressed by a play on cutesy French. That was not the case here, thought is traditional French. The owner, who is, I believe third generation owner, mans the front desk. He's sincere, sweet, and very accommodating. It was late and I asked about some wine, for which I did not want to have to drive. This is not a typical request, unless accompanying a meal in a restaurant. Nonetheless, he produced a nice red, which he had personally selected and which I might add he didn't mark up the normal percentage, because he wanted to share something he appreciates. Our room, which let out onto the courtyard, had a brand new modern bath (something to appreciate in France, especially at this price point). Breakfast was delicious. It is located directly across from Fontainebleau. It was a real treat and this owner deserves tons of business for being the perfect, considerate, gracious host. Kudos! (He also gave us the "hook-up" on gated parking so we didn't have to unload all of our luggage from our rental Mercedes a/k/a rob me car.)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sheryl P
Colombier, Propriétaire at Hotel de Londres, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Thank you for your delightful review, I remember very well your stay, and happy that you have a good memory of Fontainebleau.
Best wishes..