“Top notch service”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Fontainebleau
London
“Top notch service”
Reviewed 28 May 2008

I stayed at the Hotel Victoria in May 2008 for my 5 year business school reunion. I wanted to share my experience because our expectations and the reality of our stay were vastly different. I expected a very average experience, and hoped to spend as little time as possible in the hotel. Overall though, my wife and my experience at the hotel was excellent. The service was prompt and friendly, the room exceeded our expectations and the grounds were beautiful (fun garden in the back for our 2 year old son).
In terms of service, the front desk staff was very attentive. When I first arrived, I had incorrectly told the hotel I needed a single - when they saw I had my wife and baby son (2 years old) with me, they put me in a larger room with a cot for the baby. At times throughout the weekend, as we had to go up and down to the room, the front desk staff kept a watchful eye over our son when we were upstairs. In addition, the front desk staff was very helpful with directions and contacts throughout Fontainebleau (and very much went beyond the expected level of service)
In terms of the room, not only was the room larger than we expected, but it was also surprisingly quiet - not just from outside noise, but also from inside noise (other guests), which is good, since our baby was crying heavily our first night at the hotel.
Last but not least, the location is excellent, being 5 minutes from either the chateau, the center of town, or the school campus.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank temph0

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Travellers also viewed these Fontainebleau hotels
Mercure Royal Fontainebleau
#6 of 12 in Fontainebleau
Chateau de Bourron
Chateau de Bourron
#1 of 1 in Bourron-Marlotte

Been to Hotel Victoria? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Victoria

Property: Hotel Victoria
Address: 112, 122 rue de France, 77300, Fontainebleau, France
Region: France > Ile-de-France > Seine-et-Marne > Fontainebleau
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Fontainebleau
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Victoria 3*
Hotel Victoria offers two spacious and beautiful houses with character, 112 and 122 which are linked by a charming private park. In this exceptional surrounding you will find 37 comfortable and personalised bedrooms tastefully decorated and combining the charm of the past with necessary modernity.Hotel Victoria is ideally situated, 5 minutes walk from the city centre and the castle but also close to INSEAD and the forest. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.