“Very loud”

Price range: US$13 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bercy / Nation
Description: THE FROG AT BERCY VILLAGE is situated in an historic Parisian wine chai. It has open beams, limestone walls and a split-level interior, with two charming terraces. The magnificent English custom-designed and manufactured microbrewery is a main feature in this pub & produces 10,000 pints of our six original craft beers each week.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were staying at a nearby hotel in March and came for a late night dinner. The woman at the door was great and quickly found my ten year old child and I a table; however, it took a vert long time for the wait staff to wait on us. In the meantime, the restaurant was playing the music so loudly we couldn't visit. The food was okay (hamburger good); however, the service was very slow. This is probably a fine pub and eatery for young single people who have lots of time; however, I wouldn't go again with a child or if time mattered. If the music hadn't been headache producing loud and the inside service so slow, I would have rated it three circles. It appeared that the management needed to add staff for busy evenings.

FrogPubs, Manager at The Frog at Bercy Village, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Hi Midwestern Parent,
Thanks for giving us a try while you were in Paris recently with your family. We are very proud to offer a kids menu at a virtually unbeatable price and consider ourselves to be a family friendly restaurant. We give out candy at Halloween and Easter, offer a free kiddies game book with crayons to everyone under 10, we have high chair facilities and give out balloons and t shirts and facepaints for major sporting events and public holidays.
However, we are the kind of establishment that is many things to many different people and during the late night period we are excited to welcome a DJ. Naturally this does affect the ambience and the noise level, and we find that the restaurant becomes far more of a ‘bar’. While we are always happy to welcome children and families at any time of day or night, I would suggest we might be a more tranquil location during an earlier dinner slot. That said, there’s no excuse for slow service, it’s something we focus heavily on in our training and set clear time frames for things like greeting a customer and delivering food and drinks. If these timings were not respected during your visit, and contributed to your poor impression of us , then I can only apologise. In the last month I have taken over the management at The Frog at Bercy Village and I’m making it my mission to smooth out wrinkles like this. I do hope we get a chance to feed you and your family again, and perhaps improve on your impression of us. In the mean-time, thanks again for your custom and for taking the time to write a balanced review.
Best wishes

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Over the last couple of years I have come here several times. During this time, the waits for drink and food have tended to get gradually longer.

Also, the quality (=taste) of the In Seine ale I like has got increasingly hit-and-miss, i.e. the brewing standard is not consistent and ever more frequently the beer does not taste good.

Consequently, we will come here less in future.

Hi JimmyChris
Thanks so much for your custom over the last few years. Thanks as well for taking the time to write this review. We need to hear this kind of feedback from time to time… we’ve been going for 21 years and it’s great to get an outside perspective: good or bad, so we can stay fresh and STOP our standards falling.
We’ve recently shaken things up a bit and moved some of our managers round to give a fresh perspective on our pubs and how they run. I’ve been back at Bercy since mid-August , this is where I started at The Frog, about 5 years ago, and I feel a little bit like we have a special relationship, me an dthis pub! Beer is my special geeky passion and I’ve been making it my mission to establish consistent brew quality on all our core beers : I’ve invested in new kit for the brewery and had nearly all our in house brews overseen by senior brewers in the last month or so.
I’m focusing next on those service times and I want to get them back down to 6 minutes where they should be. It sounds like you know a thing or two about how we can be better so I’d love to hear from you personally next time you are in for a pint!
Best wishes, and thanks again for your custom over the years and for taking the time to write a balanced and fair feedback here.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Managed to get a table out in terrace service was surprisingly ok and specially the resto this evening had a very good crowd . Being in Bercy Village during summer is always a pleasure. Food was just average and we enjoyed a nice time with friends

Hi there,
I’m glad you and your friends had a good time with us this summer! The terrace is always a great atmosphere when it’s busy and I’m pleased the team managed to keep up the pace! Sorry to hear you found the food just ‘average’. We pride ourselves on delivering a good quality menu using fresh ingredients made in house and especially to order. It IS pub grub, but that doesn’t mean the quality should suffer. I hope you said something at the time! We would have happily replaced your food if it wasn’t up to par :)
Thanks so much for your visit and for taking the time to write about it here… I hope we’ll see you again soon for more fun this autumn!
Best

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My friends and I went there to watch the Brazilian match and I've never been so mistreated by ALL the servers. First, trying to get a table for around 15 people we got 2 tables, but there was one in between. Then, we asked the people seating at that table if they could change so we would seat all together and they said "Ok, no problem at all". When we told the waitress we were gonna change she said "NO" in my face. And I asked why and she said "You have to ask to change to me not to my clients". Ah ok,so I am not a client? We changed anyway. Then, by the time to pay the bill, we realized there was a coke and a beer that we didn't order and she came and said "The manager said he is offering you these cause you are losing 5x0". Oh thanks for "offering" things we didn't consume, I'll come back for sure #NOT. This was not all, but I don't wanna write huge text. In resume, don't go there if you are not from their country.

1  Thank Lívia R

Dear Rebeirolova,
I duly acknowledge your feeling of what happened when you came to the Frog at Bercy Village for the World Cup semi-finals. Due to various circumstances, it seems you didn't receive the service you expected from us and me as your waitress that night - and for that please accept my apologies. Rest assured that we are extremely foreigner-friendly at all times.
I have sent you a private message containing and explanation and apology from your waitress form that evening.
My hope is that you will give us a chance to show you just how friendly and professional we actually are the next time you come into one of the Frogpubs!
Tristan

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We waited for 45 minutes to get our drinks (the food comes quickly). We ordered the second round of drinks, waited for another 40 minutes and left without them.
Food is very bad.

Hi there Dimmie A
This is distressing for me to read. Did you ask to see the manager or complain at all? What was the response?
We have set delivery times as part of our training and own evaluation standards which is 6 minutes from order to delivery. Clearly this wasn’t respected on your visit and for that I am sorry. I’m also sad to read that your food was bad.... What did you order? What was wrong with it? Again, did you complain or mention this to your serveur or ask to see the manager?
We pride ourselves on delivering a good quality menu using fresh ingredients made in house and fresh to order. If there is a problem with quality, I hope it was a mistake – it sounds like you visited us at a busy time – which is not an excuse, but it is rectifiable!
If there is a problem with service, product or waiting times at Bercy Village or any of the FrogPubs we will always do what we can to rectify it at the time. Change your order, re-do your order, move you to another section if there is room available or just jump on the bar and make your drink ourselves if there’s a hold up… but we can only do this if we know about it. I do hope you give us another try. It sound slike we let you down and I’d really like to think we can impress you on another visit.
Thanks for visiting in the first place and for taking the time to write a review, the only way we can better is if we know about our shortcomings. I’ll make sure the whole team read this review and bare your comments in mind while serving future customers.
Best wishes,