“A Great Place for a Romantic Evening”
Review of Le Latin

Le Latin
Ranked #13,871 of 17,892 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Reviewed 9 March 2013

My wife wanted to eat out in the Latin Quarter on our last night in Paris for a Romantic meal for two. I'm a little bit wary of this part of Paris as it's filled with restraurants and places to eat of all types and kinds where the staff hang outside each one hustling for business, imploring you to try there place over the place next door. But Le Latin is set a little way back on the rue Xavier Privas giving it a more cosy, secluded and quiet feel. It looks Romantic and an ideal place for a nice evening meal so we had already made up our mind to go in before the member of staff 'made his pitch' to us. We were given a window seat which was great as we could see the world go by outside. I opted for a set menu of three courses for 18.50 euro's as all the courses were pretty much what I would have had anyway. I had the fish soup for starters, the steak and chipped potatoes for a main (I think my steak came with 'new' or boiled potatoe's but as I asked for frites they compromised and fried them!) with chocolate ice cream as a desert. All of it was superb (the soup was amazing!) and considering the price, even more so. We also had a bottle of Merlot to drink as well. The staff were very cheerful and were happy to help customers who perhaps didn't understand the language or the meaning of some of the things that were on the menu. In the end, we left after having one of the nicest meals we have had while on Holiday.

1  Thank Justin B

Reviewed 9 March 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed the meal we had at Le Latin. The food was lovely - I had escargots, sole and profiteroles; and my husband had soup, steak and ice-cream. The staff were friendly and nice and the atmosphere very romantic: exactly what we were looking for! An absolutely wonderful evening.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Had the price fixed meals. Warm goat cheese appetizer and onion soup were fantastic. Beef bourguignon was excellent. Pork was a tad overlooked, but the champignon sauce helped. Staff was great.

Reviewed 27 December 2011

Yes...there are many places to choose from in this area....but this is one of the better. Dispite the negative reviews of some others....I did not find most of their complaints to be true.
At least in my experience, the meal was quite good and price to match. There we other place very near this one that I sadly can not say the same for.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

Decided to try against better judgement as was looking for some fondue. Looked touristy but figured it couldn't be that bad... Mussels were fairly good. Escargots were gritty with uneven garlic sauce. Fondue was ok but not amazing. Steak was inedible. Overcooked and hard. Crepes tolerable. Wine subpar. Service erratic. Bathroom dirty. You can do bettering many other places avoid...

2  Thank vvv3