Hotel Monge was a great place to stay due to it's convenient location, great service, beautiful rooms and delicious breakfast. The price is a little higher than I'm used to, but they really give you value for your money.More
- Free Wifi
- Room Service
Hotel Monge was a great place to stay due to it's convenient location, great service, beautiful rooms and delicious breakfast. The price is a little higher than I'm used to, but they really give you value for your money.MoreShow less
We thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review.
We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay, and you appreciated the location of the Hotel, in the Latin Quarter nearby metros and many restaurants.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back.
Hotel Monge is a gem within the Paris Latin Quarters. Extremely convenient location within walking distance to most tourism attractions and a bountiful number of outstanding cuisine places.
Hotel room was impeccable during our stay, being close to daily activities noise level was good for late day wake up. Team Monge were dedicated to serve their patrons, with special breakfast and superb coffee, bread, and pastries.
We thank you for taking the time to write this review following your recent stay with us.
The whole team is very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are very pleased that you find your room ‘impeccable’. It is good to know that you find our location convenient for you and very close to the main city attractions.
Regarding our facilities and services, we are pleased to read you liked our concept of tea time service which proposes hot drinks, fresh water and sweets complimentary all-day long.
We really hope to welcome you back again for your next stay in Paris.
Hotel Monge is situated on the edge of Paris' lively Latin quarter and is in a well-kept old building overlooking an amphitheatre at the back and the Rue Monge at the front. The lobby area was lovely to sit and enjoy a glass of wine in and check in was quick and friendly. Our room was on the third floor and despite facing the road, which is fairly busy, was exceptionally quiet as the windows are triple glazed. We had gone for a winter offer, which included the room, a free glass of wine or beer for both of us every day, and breakfast included, which was a nice touch. We were upgraded after asking, but still found our room to be quite small. I'd imagine a smaller room would not have space for a bath and must only have had a shower. We didn't mind the size as it was very nicely finished and very clean and tidy, with the maids cleaning everything from top to bottom when they changed the sheets, which was great. The mini bar was also complimentary which was nice (though no alcohol or food in there!) We booked a massage for two which was pretty expensive at €200 for two for 45 minutes, but was very good. The spa area is in the basement, along with a Turkish hammam which is free for guests to use. You have to book it and it's great as you can lock yourself in and be totally relaxed! The staff here were the highlight. They were so friendly and kind and let us check out two hours late on our last day, nothing seemed like too much trouble for them. The breakfast was good with plenty of variety, but the eating area very small and could get very crowded. In summary I don't feel I can give this hotel a 5* review because it's location is slightly out of the way (at least an hour's walk to the Arc de Triomphe and an hour to Gare de Nord) and also it had no outside area or garden and the breakfast room was a bit pokey. Great staff though and good rooms for the price.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay in our hotel.
We were very happy to welcome you and it's a pleasure for us to read your kind review and know that your stay was so enjoyable! We are glad to know that you appreciated your room and that you enjoyed all our services.
On behalf of all the staff we thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcome you back soon.
Lovely room, bathroom very nice. Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent honor bar in lounge each evening - much better that mini-bar in room for us. Good location with Metro station and restaurants close by.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this delightful review!
We are deeply touched by your words, and very happy to know that we met all your expectations. We are glad that you enjoyed our services, especially our Honesty Bar, and that you appreciated the location and design of the hotel.
We hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.
Everyone at Hotel Monge was extremely helpful, patient and professional. They've let me use their hammam/shower room to freshen myself up when my room wasn't ready for check-in (my flight landed in Paris around 6am!). I thought everything was tastefully decorated at the hotel - from the room I stayed in to the tea room to the reception area - it was an absolute feast for the eyes. Slept well every night in my room. Me and my friend felt very well looked after by everyone at the hotel. Paris is a gorgeous city but Hotel Monge made my trip to Paris all the more special and enjoyable. Thank you everyone at Hotel Monge!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
We are deeply touched by your words, and it has been a pleasure for us to assist you during your stay. We are glad that you found your room comfortable and that you appreciated the design of the hotel.
We hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.
This was our second trip to Paris, and we wanted a different hotel experience for our 20th Anniversary. The first trip we stayed at a large expensive hotel that was close to major attractions; this trip we decided to stay at a boutique hotel located in a more non touristy area (latin quarter), and we are certainly glad we did so. It was so quaint and lovely and on the second day, my husband actually complimented me on booking this hotel:).
There are many pros to this hotel:
1. The staff is so nice and helpful. If you need anything at any time, they are willing to help
2. The mini bar in the room is awesome....no $5 bottles of water to buy. You can enjoy coke, Evian water and juices without charge, and they refill it every day.
3. The breakfast was really good, and they serve American coffee...bonus!
4. The honesty bar was so convenient. After a long day, you can go to the quaint living area, relax on the couch and enjoy whatever drink you like. You just fill out a card with what you drank and leave it there. They will charge it to the room.
5. If its raining, like on our stay, you can check out an umbrella for the day.
6. I recommend the steam room. I would suggest booking upon arrival because we waited one day and couldn't get the time we wanted. But everything eventually worked and it was so relaxing to hit the steam room after a cold day. Then you can shower right next to the steam room and it is totally private. They give you an hour time slot. We only needed 30 minutes:)
7. Let them know you need a shuttle, which is cheaper than a taxi, to get to and from the airport. It takes about an hour to get to the hotel from the airport...traffic is BAD!!
8. There are many places to eat within walking distance of the hotel. We didn't use the recommendations the hotel gave us, we used Yelp reviews for restaurants and they were spot on.
9. Loved the walk in shower, with room for 2. Lovely tiny lights along the tiled wall..so cute
10. Uber worked like a charm. Hint: if the fare is high, just wait a few minutes. It will change as the traffic gets better. We never used the metro, so no comment on that.
1. I would recommend staying on an upper floor. There is a metro that runs near or under the hotel and you can certainly hear it. We were on the 4th floor an could hear it, but it wan't enough of an issue to complain about. We slept just fine, and our large bed was very comfortable.
2. The size of the room is Very small...and we had a larger corner room. It was a little bit of a surprise when we walked in, but there are 2 cabinets on either side of the bed that has ample storage space. I mean, we didn't stay in our room very much, other than to sleep, so it was fine.
3. Only 1 English Channel....BBC. You will at least be well aware of worlds issues..lol
We thank you for taking the time to write this review in details.
We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in Hotel Monge. It is a real pleasure to read your feedback, and see that you appreciated our facilities. We are pleased that our front desk staff could help you during your stay.
We hope to welcome you back soon.