“Feeling fancy!”
Review of La Strasbourgeoise

La Strasbourgeoise
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
La Strasbourgeoise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,996 of 17,290 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chateau d'Eau / Gare du Nord
“Feeling fancy!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Good location: Right by Gare de L'Est which was perfect because I needed to hop on a train to make a timing later.

Prices were moderate. Not too expensive. They had a great prix fixe menu the night I was there which was convenient and delicious.

Server spoke English and was very kind to mine and my friend's broken French. Service was prompt. A great place to feel a little fancy.

• Visited January 2014

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
“Faded ... but the desserts are excellent”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Has a nice bit of old school charm to it, but in a slightly faded glory sense. Risotto was very poorly made. How can a chef in a reasonably pricey restaurant not make proper risotto. The profitiroles for dessert were fantastic though. If I'd just had the dessert it would have easily been four stars.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Very good value for breakfast”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had breakfast here twice, really nice staff, very attentive - right opposite Gare de L'Est, right next door to the Holiday Inn.

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“A great meal to finish our Paris trip”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was the last night of our Paris trip and we wanted a nice meal to finish off with and we certainly found it here.

I had snails in garlic butter to start with and they were excellent. My husband had Herrings with warm potatoes, which came in a little pot with the herrings and vegetables in oil beside the potatoes on a plate, and he thoroughly enjoyed them.

For the main course I had a pot of creamy seafood 'stew' with huge prawns, scallop, mussels and large lumps of fish in it, these went over pasta also in a cream sauce, it was delicious. My husband had a scallop dish, unfortunately I was enjoying mine so much I didn't really pay attention to what was on his plate and he ate it fairly quickly as he liked it so much.

The desserts were the best part of the meal however. My husband had the Grand Marnier crepes flambé, which were cooked in the restaurant and the flames nearly reached the roof (it was a high ceiling fortunately). It came with a small glass of Grand Marnier on the side and he thoroughly enjoyed it. I had home made pear ice cream which had pieces of pear in it , it came with a small glass of Poire William liqueur which you could either drink or pour over the ice cream as a sauce. I poured it over and it made a fabulous dessert combination.
I think we will be back next time we are in Paris.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Debby M
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Wedding Anniversary Meal”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn next door for our anniversary and to be honest couldn't find the restaurant I had booked for the meal when we looked earlier in the day. We decided to go in here as it was next door and the food, the atmosphere and service was very good. We weren't rushed and they allowed enough time between the courses.

My wife thoroughly enjoyed the meal and evening. Would recommend.

• Visited February 2014