“Great choice for a romantic dinner”
Review of Le Colimacon

Le Colimacon
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Le Colimacon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #326 of 17,611 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$47 - US$95
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Description: In the heart of the Marais District in the historical area the Colimaçon is a typical Classic french and Parisian restaurant. Traditional french cuisine is serving in a nice and cosy atmosphere only 40 seats with air conditioning.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I highly recommend this restaurant. The service and food were excellent. My husband and I were a little late for our reservation because we got lost but the hostess was very understanding and did not make us feel bad about it all. Our waiter was very patient with translating the menu into English. The atmosphere was cozy and the food was amazing. We happened to go during Summer Solstice and live music was playing in the streets throughout our dinner. It was one of the highlights of our trip and we will recommend this spot to our friends.

Note: it was a bit hard to find because it was on a side street so I would suggest giving yourself a little extra time to find the restaurant. It was also our first time in Paris:)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had dinner in this popular Marais restaurant .I had stuffed pigeon out of curiosity, it was very good although fairly small, as you expect a pigeon to be. The side dish was interesting, mostly some kind of pureed and whole carrots I think. The chevre-stuffed little red peppers were very good as an appetizer. Pain perdu was too soft for my taste but I guess that's how it's supposed to be, the hearty caramel sauce redeemed it in my eyes . My husband ate steak, good but not great. In general I'd say the food was very good but not outstanding; however, I have to add that I'm spoiled and don't often give "outstanding" or 5-star ratings. Still waiting for one in Paris without having to pay hundreds of euros...
The servers were really nice, some speak very good English, and they certainly take time to explain the dishes and the wines.

2  Thank Julia G
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner based on TripAdvisor reviews and were not disappointed. I was especially pleased with our waiter - not only was he extra helpful; he also offered excellent suggestions and wine pairings. The food (especially the house special French toast, faux gras, and duck appetizer) was most delicious!

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Small, cosy, a little nosy but just a tad. Limestone walls and wood beamed ceiling. Dimmed lights and candles.

Wine: beaumes de venise Grangeneuve, domaine Saint Amant (very good)

White asparagus: whith a small vegetables and coriander sauce (well executed, lack a bit of seasoning)

Croustilles d'escargot en persillades: snails in butter garlic parsley in a crust shell ( nicely executed )

Confit de canard: a bit dry with nice little potatoes

Williamine: perfect pear spirit

Overall a traditional french cuisine with the japanese defense minister tonight

1  Thank Philippe G
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This restaurant, an assuming front on a street in the Marais, has a very cozy atmosphere, with its signature spiral staircase and small number of tables on both floors. The exposed wood beams, menu on a chalkboard, and old-world feel made for a great feel--the perfect place to settle in for a leisurely meal with friends.

Service was wonderful. Some confusion about the reservation time was handled with grace by the staff. The French menu was very happily translated orally into English. The server was hospitable throughout the evening and had a great sense of humor; he oozed hospitality.

The food was not my very favorite in Paris, but was excellent nonetheless. A fish appetizer was very fresh with nice notes of smokiness. The escargot served in puff pastry cups was a highlight--truly delicious and a nice variation on the classic. The risotto with shrimp was a bit of a disappointment; I wanted the risotto to be creamier. Overall, though, a very good meal.

Would happily return!