“A nice tiny Russian restaurant in Montmarte”
Review of Svetlana

Svetlana
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Svetlana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,843 of 16,971 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Venice, Italy
“A nice tiny Russian restaurant in Montmarte”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I have visited this Russian restaurant during a business trip, as me and my colleagues were staying in the area and we decided to try a different cuisine for one of our dinners.

The food is very good at Svetlana's. We enjoyed appetizers and main dishes, they were delicious and in good quantity. Only the dessert was kind of poor but at least it was homemade so it's not a big deal. Prices are around 30 euros per person including coffee, but without wine/beverages, which is fairly good for the prices of Paris. They also offer an option for fixed price menu (formule in French) for 20 euros per person but with limited options. My only comment regarding the menu is that the Vodka is extremely expensive.

The decoration of the place is an experience as well, be prepared for an overload of colours and different things! :)

The night we visited the restaurant there was a young guy that played 6-7 songs on his guitar, very nice voice and music.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank isparos9

Paris, France
“Please fire 'tonton Sergey'”
Reviewed 9 June 2011

As I know my country very well, I knew from the very beginning that this restaurant should have some flaw. To my surprise, the food was quite good, the decoration and music were bearable, the prices were decent and the owner was rather nice (in his own Armenian manner, of course, you should not expect too much of him). But then it arrived: a guy naming himself ‘tonton Sergey’ came to play accordion and sing his own songs in a horrible hoarse voice. In such a tiny place as ‘Svetlana’ the loud accordion music beats your ears. Besides, ‘tonton’ was quite intrusive and mocked at you if you did not applaud. In a word the guy completely spoiled the place which would be quite nice without him. Too nice for a Russian restaurant…

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank ganso_sabio
Geneva
“Good food and ambiance but surly service”
Reviewed 6 March 2011

After visitng the Romaov exhibition at the Pinacotheque my wife thought we should continue our Russian experience with a meal. Our hotel suggested this place so we booked a table for two for a Sunday night. It was also nice to be in the Montmartre area again. The restaurant was completely empty when we arrived at 19.30 and remained so until we left at 21.00 when a party of three arrived. The owner didn't look particularly pleased to see us - he spent most of his time talking to cronies at the bar and tried to put us in a tight little corner with hardly room to move. We suggested another table and he waved his hand haphazardly.. We evetually got served and ordered bortsch and a couple of main dishes with a glass of vodka. The vodka arrived promptly and also the bortsch which was very good. We congratulated the owner/waiter on the soup and were rewarded with a grunt.. The main dishes were also good being freshly prepared and tasty. The dessert was simple but also tasty. At no time did the the owner/waiter (he spoke Russian) ask if we had enjoyed the meal or show any interest in our comfort. We had to winkle him out from his cronies to get the bill and when we left there was no attempt to open the door for us or to wish us 'bon soir'. Rarely have we felt so unwelcome in a place. A pity becasue it could ave been a very agreeable experience. the decor was what might be expected, pictures of the last tsar and tsarina etc. We'll go to the competition next time.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank VanHelsing007
Indianapolis, Indiana
“More russian than in Russia”
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I have been to Moscow and Novosibirsk a couple of times, and went to restaurants as much as I could. I was disappointed as I could not find really nice food. Now, this restaurant has really good food, and it's really russian food. I have been to a russian restaurant in Indianapolis which was good but felt french. So, five stars on food. The decor and music are over-the-top russian... but that's OK, IMO it probably is part of the russian experience. The owner/cook is russian for real, escaped before perestroika. Restaurant is small but that fits with the area. It is very close to Montmartre so I would recommend eating there when you visit the Sacré Coeur. And be good to your kids, have them drink kvass!

Washington DC
“Great food in a nice location for a good price”
Reviewed 19 May 2010

I am a native Russian and was visiting Paris and looking for a Russian restaurant as I try to compare notes while travelling. I found this restaurant to be a nice surprise: location was lovely, food was delicious with good porions sizes and awesome service. The Russian video with music was a bit too much even for more taste, but it made the exeprience so much more Russian for me and my plus 1. Highly recommend to anyone for a good night out. Check out the Museum of Eriticism afterwards, in a walking distance at Pigalle.

2 Thank Snegrust