“Good food and ambiance but surly service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Svetlana

Svetlana
Reserve with
Svetlana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,571 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Geneva
“Good food and ambiance but surly service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

After visitng the Romaov exhibition at the Pinacotheque my wife thought we should continue our Russian experience with a meal. Our hotel suggested this place so we booked a table for two for a Sunday night. It was also nice to be in the Montmartre area again. The restaurant was completely empty when we arrived at 19.30 and remained so until we left at 21.00 when a party of three arrived. The owner didn't look particularly pleased to see us - he spent most of his time talking to cronies at the bar and tried to put us in a tight little corner with hardly room to move. We suggested another table and he waved his hand haphazardly.. We evetually got served and ordered bortsch and a couple of main dishes with a glass of vodka. The vodka arrived promptly and also the bortsch which was very good. We congratulated the owner/waiter on the soup and were rewarded with a grunt.. The main dishes were also good being freshly prepared and tasty. The dessert was simple but also tasty. At no time did the the owner/waiter (he spoke Russian) ask if we had enjoyed the meal or show any interest in our comfort. We had to winkle him out from his cronies to get the bill and when we left there was no attempt to open the door for us or to wish us 'bon soir'. Rarely have we felt so unwelcome in a place. A pity becasue it could ave been a very agreeable experience. the decor was what might be expected, pictures of the last tsar and tsarina etc. We'll go to the competition next time.

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank VanHelsing007

Indianapolis, Indiana
“More russian than in Russia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

I have been to Moscow and Novosibirsk a couple of times, and went to restaurants as much as I could. I was disappointed as I could not find really nice food. Now, this restaurant has really good food, and it's really russian food. I have been to a russian restaurant in Indianapolis which was good but felt french. So, five stars on food. The decor and music are over-the-top russian... but that's OK, IMO it probably is part of the russian experience. The owner/cook is russian for real, escaped before perestroika. Restaurant is small but that fits with the area. It is very close to Montmartre so I would recommend eating there when you visit the Sacré Coeur. And be good to your kids, have them drink kvass!

Washington DC
“Great food in a nice location for a good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2010

I am a native Russian and was visiting Paris and looking for a Russian restaurant as I try to compare notes while travelling. I found this restaurant to be a nice surprise: location was lovely, food was delicious with good porions sizes and awesome service. The Russian video with music was a bit too much even for more taste, but it made the exeprience so much more Russian for me and my plus 1. Highly recommend to anyone for a good night out. Check out the Museum of Eriticism afterwards, in a walking distance at Pigalle.

2 Thank Snegrust