“Finally a place where food wasn't crap”
Review of Fermier Gourmet

Fermier Gourmet
Ranked #216 of 20,186 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$9 - US$14
Neighbourhood: Arts-et-Metiers
Description: French street food made with love & fresh products
Reviewed 20 September 2018

If you are not an oligarch, French food is rather disappointing for the common person. Only the oligarchs get the fabulous meals at fabulous prices. This particular restaurant was a pleasant surprise. The food is fairly basic but with enough effort put into it that you probably will walk away content. Just be aware that this is a small storefront dining cafe and seats are limited. We arrived at 6:30 and felt compelled to leave within an hour because the line was down the street. So, earlier rather than later unless you have time to spare. I really liked the BBQ beef even though it was more like grilled without BBQ sauce. The sauces they offer are great, but I ordered mine on the side. Best place I experienced on my budget during a week in Paris. Take this for sure over the miserable eateries around tourist attractions.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were searching the neighborhood for good food. I have been to Paris a few times and my French is fine, and for whatever reason we were finding nothing but poor treatment from every average cafe we went to. This restaurant was fantastic. The staff is so sweet and the food is incredible, especially for the price. Don’t miss it.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Excellent food! Excellent service! There are few places in Paris where you can eat so good as in this restaurant and it is not expensive!
Congratulations!!!

1  Thank R2697ZUlucass
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

I took my two teen age boys out for steak and frites and we really enjoyed it. The staff were excellent in their service. Great value considering Paris is a very expensive city to eat in if you are converting the Canadian dollar. Three meals with drinks $39 euros.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018

location - 200m from place de republique on rue du temple past temple metro stop

Excellent tasty steak cooked to perfection- lots of chips, options for sauces, and extra side dishes.Really friendly prompt service, simple drinks menu, quite small room, maybe only 24 covers, but does takeaway too. We went twice in 2 nights.

Do yourself a favour though avoid the desserts.

AND AN EXTRA STEAK CAN BE ADDED FOR ONLY 6 EUROS