“Japanese gem in Montmartre”
Review of GUILO GUILO

GUILO GUILO
Ranked #688 of 17,512 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$59 - US$59
Cuisines: Japanese, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Description: One unique menu of 7/8 dishes changing every months. Menu costs 49€ without alcohol. Mix of Japanese gastronomy and chef's creations. Service at the comptoir with open kitchen. First service beginning at 7pm and the second one at 9:30pm. Reservation only. Please advise us for any eventual food allergies (Fully gluten free menu is not possible).
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I went here on several occasions with either my boyfriend and had an amazing experience everytime I ate here. Sitting around a bar with the kitchen in the middle you will observe a fascinating ballet of 5-6 chiefs preparing an 8-course meal with lots of unique japanese delicatessen with a french touch. The atmosphere is cosy and fits in well in the dark and romantic streets of Montmartre around. Some of the (very friendly) japanese waiters neither speak english not french very well, which does not really do any harm but may lead to some surprises during your meal.

1  Thank celiapauline
There are newer reviews for GUILO GUILO

Reviewed 1 July 2014

A Japanese friend in Florida recommended we try Guilo Guilo when we were in Montmartre for a month and we're so thankful for her recommendation. We had to book two weeks in advance and chose the first seating at 7. Loved watching the efficient, friendly staff prepare the food. The selection of dishes for the evening were inventive, tasty and varied. The fixed price menu is reasonably priced. Very entertaining evening. Overall my husband and I had a great experience. We were so impressed we booked for the following week and even though it was the same menu, we enjoyed it even more! Taku the owner is extremely friendly and explained our dishes in detail. Will definitely go back next time in Paris!!

1  Thank lizzietwo
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The food is very average ( some dishes are a complete miss) and the waiters keep jabbing their fingers in your plate to explain the content.
Not sure what the hype is all about.

3  Thank sotrel
Reviewed 1 November 2013

They only serve 6-8 course tasting menu that costs about 50 euros. It's a steal! The food is Michelin-level.

1  Thank panup
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I visited the Guilo Guilo with a certain curiosity not only for food but mostly by "show cooking". I was not disappointed.
I booked two weeks before and it was necessary to confirm by sms the day before, all with very defined rules.
we arrived for the first service (there are 2 services per night), we were directed to one of the best places in the balcony, very close to the chef and where all the action unfolds.
the food in general is very good, do not expect sushi and sashimi, is more elaborate and not so obvious!
loved the porcelain, loved to see the entire team to work knowing the exact role of each.
if I had to assign a positive point to the restaurant was perhaps "the show", my negative point goes to the lack of privacy among people who share the dining room. is a well thought out business
worth a visit, but do not know if I'll be back. is seen.