“Worst food in Paris”

Neighbourhood: Bercy / Nation
Brisbane, Australia
“Worst food in Paris”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

After dining in several restaurants in the area we unfortunately decided to try this restaurant. I ordered Veal and they served chicken and refused to replace it. I know what veal is... I grew up on a cattle property in Australia. I also know what chicken is. Service poor, food poor and agressive wait staff.

• Visited June 2011

San Francisco, California
“Bad food for tourists”
Reviewed 15 March 2011

If it is possible to give French cuisine a black eye, this place managed to do it. Located in the touristy Latin quarter, they apparently do not concern themselves with return business from satisfied customers. The onion soup gratinee consisted a bland onionless broth, with a few pieces of broken bread on top and a sprinkle of grated cheese. No onion flavor, no melted crunchy cheesy goodness on top. Mon Dieu! The main course of roast chicken and potatoes was edible, but the chicken was dry and gamey. But the biggest disappointment was the creme brulee for dessert. The "brulee" had obviously been done WAY in advance, because it had absorbed the moisture from the creme and turned into a brown soggy goo rather than being crunchy -- which is the entire point of creme brulee! Inedible, insulting, and inexcusable. The worst onion soup and creme brulee I've eaten anywhere.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank 415traveller
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Excellent value, great service and filling portions!”
Reviewed 9 February 2011

I can't believe some of the previous reviews for this cosy little resaurant! Me and my boyfriend found the place delightful and the food lovely. The portions were big and very filling, the restaurant was clean and had a great atmoshere and all the diners that evening seemed to enjoy their meals too. The staff were more than helpful and friendly.
The only thing that wasn't upto scratch was the mussels that my boyfriend had as his starter as they were just served in a big pan with no sauce!

Definately worth a look if you are on a budget and want something filling :)

• Visited February 2011
West Wales
“hygene was not on the menu and service was poor”
Reviewed 17 August 2010

The restaurant was almost full and buzzing when we walked past and so went in and asked for a table. It turned out that the customers were a coachload of east europeans and they all left soon after we ordered leaving us as almost the only customers. I then noticed the filthy glass cabinet/fridge in the corner with three sweets in it, smears on the glass, 'stuff' n the wire shelves and old crumbs and 'bits' in the corners. The radiator was almost black with dust. Our pitcher of wine arrived but it was obviously a pitcher that had not been washed since the previous customer - old wine stains all over. I took the wine glass from the table setting next to me as my glass was not clean. I wanted to walk out but my husband wanted to stay!!! We asked to move to another table as we were by the door on a cold evening (and I really did not want to stare at the glass cabinet and radiator next to me - out of sight out of mind?). By then we had eaten our entrees (my onion soup was hearty and tasty I must admit) and when we were moved, my husband's cutlery from the first course was moved with him to our new table. When I pointed this out to the waiter he smiled and then ignored me! Our steaks with fries and pepper sauce were acceptable. Hygene was not on the menu and we will not be going back. On reflection, I still think we should have left earlier on despite having ordered. Service was poor.

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Quite good for the price.”
Reviewed 16 August 2010

This is not a gourmet restaurant by any means, but for the price it is good value. I have eaten here 4 times, and all my dishes and side dishes have been good. There are 12, 14, 17, and 20 euro menus, in which you get the usual entree, plat, and dessert.

The Salade Savoyarde and Salade Monteynard are good entrees, as are the Moules. Their Confit de Canard is also good, and my friend likes their Tartiflette. All these are on the lower price menus.

The atmosphere is nice because the tables are a little more spaced out than other places in the area (which can be very cramped), and they have good aircon. Service has always been excellent.

Again, it's not gourmet, but good for the price and ambiance, especially in this area of second rate ethnic restaurants.