“Oh my!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Sagar Matha

Sagar Matha
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Sagar Matha is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,648 of 16,851 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Nepalese, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
San Diego, California
“Oh my!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Why was I trying to eat Indian food in Paris? I shouldn't have. The gal who helped me asked me to speak French. OK but Agneau Korma (lamb Korma) is French and Indian, as was she. The meal was mediocre but I come from England and the land of fab Indian so perhaps they just can't compete. Do not get the cheese nan. I shudder at the thought of the runny and not good cheese inside. A waste of money.

Visited June 2014

Budapest, Hungary
“Nice atmosphere to sit with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

The Indian and napalese food is authentic
one can order spicy aas original or European
Nice courteous service , worthwhile to revisit
Tasted the famous momo

• Visited January 2014
Augsburg, Germany
“Great Nepali food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Being of Nepali heritage I have started to dine in Nepali restaurants on holiday. Coming from England I have always been spoiled for great south asian cuisine with many great restaurants to choose from, however my experience on the continent has been rather disappointing. This restaurant however is an exception to my previous statement.

I found the quality of the food here to be excellent, with a my dish (Lamb Jalfrezi) having a very rich and full flavour. To my delight I found the meat to be of very high quality and was tender and juicy. I had pillau rice with peas and the special Sagar Matha stuffed naan bread (stuffed with cheese and topped with coriander) as sides. The pillau rice was well cooked with delicate complimentary flavours and the naan bread was very soft and tasty.

The service was very good and the wait between ordering and our meal arriving was very reasonable (it was a little busy). The waiter was very friendly and very knowledgeable. The restaurant itself has a nice vibe about it, and was nicely decorated. The waiter and I even had a very nice conversation after I exposed my Nepali ancestry.

As a little side note I do want to mention if you are used to generous english portions of curry, be aware that although I found the portions to be adequate they are a lot smaller than your average english curry house. This is the case if every other south asian restaurant I have visited in Europe and this place is no exception. This is not a criticism but more of a statement of fact to be aware of.

To finish I would very much recommend this restaurant! This place is far from average as some of the other reviews might have you believe! If you are in Paris or staying nearby do visit this restaurant!!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank nannycool
Cork, Ireland
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Food quality high. Service very good. Speed of service just about right. An enjoyable experience which I hope to repeat.

“Nice evening with good friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Some evenings you look for a nice and quiet place to have a dinner with friend where you can chat and enjoy a good meal. I love curry but sometimes it is too spicy for some people.
This place was nice, quiet and the meal was really good. They provide spicy sauces on the side instead to be in the meal so everybody can decide how spicy he wants to eat.

• Visited February 2014