“So happy we decided to stay here”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 27 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Susannah...
“So happy we decided to stay here”
Reviewed 20 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

The location of the Grande en Isle was perfect - on a pricelessly charming, relatively quite little island within quite easy walking distance of Notre Dame, Musée D'Orsay, and the Louvre. Also Pain Bio, an incredible organic bakery was just across the road! The apartment was surprisingly large and clean with lots of character with a beautiful blend of historic and modern features. We did not take advantage of the free cruise in the end due to lack of time the day we planned it (plus we had already booked the bateaubus) - however we appreciated the offer! We would recommend this place and definitely the company as a whole. We would love to rent an apartment from Cobblestone again (hopefully in a few years!)! Paris is a city to be experience at least once in a lifetime and I recommend at least five days to see the top sights along the Seine river. Hop on and off the Batobus and you and your loved ones can see all the iconic features of this extraordinarily exquisite and diverse city.

23 Apr 2017
Thank you again Susannah!
k-girl076
Orlando, Fla
“Wonderful location, space, and service”
Reviewed 16 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

We were a bit nervous renting an apartment in Paris, having never been there and relying on high-school French, but we had a wonderful experience with Cobblestone. We went with them opposed to private rentals because of the service and the English-speaking greeter.

Our plane arrived at 7 AM. Management arranged for us to meet our greeter at 11 instead of the regular 2 PM check-in time. We enjoyed coffee and croissants at a cafe while we waited. Our greeter, Hannah, arrived exactly on time, spoke perfect English, and was very warm and friendly. She took us to the apartment in a residential building, even helping to carry our luggage up the stairs.

There are a lot of stairs. The fourth floor really means the fifth floor to Americans. But the climb was worth it, and honestly, you should be doing a ton of walking in Paris anyway.

Our greeter showed us everything about the apartment, from how all the well-stocked and brand new appliances worked to how to pull out the very comfortable sofa bed. This personal attention made all the difference. She also recommended restaurants, gave us a guide to the area, and plenty of contact phone numbers should we need any assistance.

The apartment was lovely, bright, well-stocked, and very clean. It looked very recently updated, though the old touches, such as the stone wall and beamed ceilings gave the place a sense of history. The rainshower at the end of a long day was perfect, and the beds were very comfortable. We felt like wealthy locals living the Paris dream! Paris hotels can be tiny, but this place gave our family (two adults, one thirteen-year-old) room to breathe and relax when we were actually "home."

The Île Saint-Louis neighborhood is charming, clean, and safe. It seemed to be off the tourist route, and our street was filled with delicious cafes, a boulangerie we stopped by for breakfast each morning, a grocer, and dozens of quaint neighborhood shops. It was perfect. The central location makes most areas walkable as well. We only used public transport to and from the airport, going to Montmartre, Versailles, and the Eiffel Tower. Notre Dame was three minutes away. The Louvre, a lovely walk. *Note–we did so much walking we ate whatever we wanted and lost five pounds in a week. Bonus!

The free river cruise, while it had no impact on choosing our booking, was nice. Since there were three of us, we purchased one more (around 15€) and enjoyed a chilly yet amazing night time tour of the city.

The only negative to this property (so long as you can handle the stairs) would be the occasional noise. There is a restaurant down the block, Nos Ancêtres les Gaulois, that is all you can eat--and drink. Being that this is a city, voices carry. Revelers tended to enjoy themselves outside until very late on weekends. (Although we did get serenaded one night!) The walls are thin, but this is city life. Any hotel would likely be the same way.

We would rent this property again. If–no, when we go back to Paris, we would have no qualms using Cobblestone again.

17 Apr 2017
Thank you so much for your detailed and thoughtful comments. We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay and we will be more than happy to have you stay with us again on your next trip to Paris! - Cobblestone Paris Rentals
Kat V
West Hollywood, California
“To live like a Parisian in Paris is the ultimate experience!”
Reviewed 9 April 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

Disclaimer: I travel a lot for business and have never stayed in any type of apartment. :)

That said... I had no idea what to expect.

My booking was extremely last minute and the correspondence was stellar! Directions, confirmations, greeter info all sent and resent for good measure.

My greeter (David) texted me on arrival and we agreed to meet at a restaurant about 50 feet from the apartment building.

Two things I should mention.

I had an extremely heavy bag and there was no elevator (which I knew because I chose the apartment for location.)

My greeter David hauled this horrible bag of mine up four flights of stairs and wouldn't accept any assistance from me. The man is a saint!

He showed me everything in the apartment (there was nothing I could have asked for that didn't exist) gave me recommendations of where to eat, shop, even the best falafel.

When I asked where there was a bakery so I could get a baguette he said he would go get one for me. When he returned he apologized for taking 15 minutes, he went to another bakery because the baguettes didn't look as fresh as they should in the first bakery. That was above and beyond...

I routinely stay in 4/5 star hotels and no concierge anywhere has ever done anything like that for me!

The apartment itself was perfectly appointed and I was also pleasantly surprised to find coffee, tea and sugar.

The location on the Ile Saint Louis was exquisite and I have found the area of Paris for me.

I traveled solo, felt extremely safe and in this little corner of the city I felt that this is the Paris I know and love. I felt like a Parisian! I can't wait to go back!

11 Apr 2017
Thank you so much for your detailed comments. I am so happy that you enjoyed your experience with us in Paris. We hope to see you back again one day! - Cobblestone Paris Rentals
ryle_11
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Le Grand En Isle....Gem!!!”
Reviewed 3 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We loved the apartment. Not only was it beautiful,clean and well appointed... it was in the most amazing location!! There was a patisserie across the street, and a fruit/vegetable store on rue deux pints where we bought fresh orange juice. Our greeter Hannah (from Canada we thought?) was lovely and really helpful. We left our i-pad in the apartment and she has been most hopeful in returning it to us in Canada. Beware this apartment is on a fifth floor in case stairs are a problem for you. This apartment truly is a gem- we would stay again without hesitation

5 Apr 2017
Thank you for your review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us!
646michae...
“BECOME A PARISIAN FOR A FEW DAYS”
Reviewed 3 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

If you've ever wondered how to experience Parisian life the most authentical way, book your stay at Le Grand Isle on l'ile de la cité with Cobblestone Paris. You will enjoy a super central charming typically parisian appartment. Walking distance from lots of points of interest in the French capital. So do not wait any longer book your stay !

Your age range 25-34
4 Apr 2017
We are so happy that you loved our apartment! Hopefully we'll see you back in Paris one day!
Jordan Z
“Outstanding Parisian Apartment!”
Reviewed 27 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We had the most wonderful time in this apartment! With this apartment specifically, we appreciated the proximity to everything and how charming and authentically Parisian it felt! The staff at Cobblestone made booking extremely easy and our stay extra special! We can't wait to return soon!

Your age range 25-34
2 Mar 2017
Thank you, Jordan! I'm glad your stay with us was so enjoyable.

We'll be happy to have you again on your next visit to Paris!
Carolina...
Sao Paulo, SP
“Splendid apartment on Île Saint Louis”
Reviewed 22 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

It felt like home!

The location was excellent (close to 2 metro stations and to my fav areas: Île de la Cité, Quartier Latin and Marais - needless to say the Île Saint Louis itself!); safe access and security, the cleanliness of common areas and the apartment.

The apartment is absolutely beautiful and very well maintained, the modern classic decor & design maximizes space (loved the kitchen!), provides extra comfort (one of the best beds we've ever slept in) and moments of relaxation well deserved after a busy day in Paris (good shower head)!

Oh! We appreciated the bottle of wine, chocolate, coffee & tea. Lovely!
Thank you so much!

23 Feb 2017
Thank you very much for your review. We're so happy you enjoyed your experience with us!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;