Hotel de Notre Dame "Maitre Albert"
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Hotel La Lanterne(Paris)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Marignan(Paris)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnotre damelatin quarterrooms are smallgreat locationjacuzzi bathquiet streetrain showerminute walkcroissantsnice hotelside streeta stones throwmetro stationst germainstaff was very friendly and helpfulstaying at this hotelreception area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We really liked this hotel and would definitely stay there again. The location was brilliant, with easy access to key spots in Paris and transport links. The service was also very good, and we loved the quirky decor and personality of the hotel. The only slight downside was the open plan style bathroom - which didn't really offer much privacy.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Nats_AM1
Reviewed 23 September 2013

"In a typical and quiet little street, looking out on the Seine and facing Notre-Dame Cathedral..."

So says the blurb. I am pretty sure that you can't actually see Notre Dame from this hotel, although it's genuinely not far away; yes, it probably does "face" Notre Dame, in the same sense that Notre Dame "faces" Jerusalem. Do take a note of the address of the hotel, because it's down a back-street (a perfectly safe one, apart from the narrow pavements, combined with Parisian drivers), which no taxi-driver knows. It actually has a very convenient Metro station on the nearby rue de Saint Germain, which is also a useful artery for walking into the South Bank areas (this isn't the fabulously expensive, boutique-packed stretch of the rue de Saint Germain, but it is the same street). Alternatively, you can go up to the Seine. It was absolutely tipping down, most of the time I was in Paris. I went everywhere on foot (and got soaked), getting as far as la Madeleine. The Louvre is a pretty easy walk, but the Eiffel Tower would probably justify a Metro ride, not something I undertake lightly.

As for the hotel, it isn't all that pretty. I don't think that they have re-decorated since de Gaulle was still alive, although they have bought a router in the meantime. Amenities in the room were non-existent, otherwise. I was on the top floor, which is right under the roof. The shape and temperature of the bathroom (it was colder in there than at street-level outside) proved that.

Most of the staff were friendly, but one receptionist was a schoolmistress manquee; some Parisians do have a problem with the concept of a "guest" (not something I'd say about the French in general). I wasn't tempted to use the hotel's breakfast facilities. The lift is ridiculous: two people and modest suitcases maximum. The hotel did kindly allow me to leave my luggage in the hotel for a couple of hours, after I checked out.

There are very good places to eat in the vicinity, so I'd recommend this as a convenient base for a tourist visit to Paris. You won't need to spend very much time in your hotel and you won't be tempted to.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else. Seriously, in that part of Paris, you are going to get emergency vehicles on the rue de Saint Germain all night, although they'll never come right past the hotel. My room, in the roof, was very noisy in the incessant rain. I don't think any room genuinely has a view of Notre Dame.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Owen_Morgan
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I recently stayed at Hotel de Notre Dame "Maitre Albert" for 5 nights with two other travelers. We all agreed it was an excellent choice. Room are small compared to American size, but it was quiet, very clean, good beds, wonderful rain shower, and the staff speaks English. The staff was very helpful and kind. I would recommend Hotel de Notre Dame to anyone. It was the right hotel for our needs.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This hotel is ideally suited to access notre dam and saint germaine, a short walk to some lovely Parisian cafes. The facilities in the hotel are slightly in balanced, in so far there was no bar, but a fitness and sauna room ( which we did not see) the room we stayed in was nice, clean and practical. I would however suggest that the lack of divide between bed and bathroom could be disconcerting (there is a door to the actual toilet) but if like us we needed a nice central hotel for 2 nights away this fitted the bill.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This hotel is in a very good location, the staff is friendly and helpful. We had to change rooms (I traveled with my mom and we needed two beds) and the staff handle it perfectly. Expect narrow halls and small rooms, but cozy and very clean. I had a great time and would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013