St Christopher's Canal Paris
Hotel La Manufacture(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$135
  • Room Service
US$267
US$220
  • Restaurant
Hotel Augustin - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$1,235
US$1,187
  • Pool
1,238 results
All reviewsprivacy curtainseach bunkbed female dormfree breakfastbar downstairs isreading lightsbaguettemetro stationenjoyed my staychecking inthe ground floormain attractionslate at nightgare du nordyogurteiffel towerhostel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I went with two girlfriends to Paris for 3 days and 2 nights. We planned to do a lot during the day time and were concerned about it being too much of a party hostel for us, but we were pleasantly surprised by the fact that you really couldn't hear much of anything going on outside the dorm rooms when you were inside and by the security of the place (ie. bouncers/guards patting down less kept people coming into the bar on Friday night).

In room storage of stuff was great, but there are two areas that have room for improvement:

1) Day-time storage of bags; they had lock boxes available for rent, but otherwise it was just chucking our bags in a room (or in the basement) without a designated guard or CCTV warning. We did store stuff in the closet and overflow basement room without incident

2) There's no proper "common area." We brought food back that we wanted to eat, but didn't want to disturb people sleeping in our room. We couldn't eat it in the restaurant/bar or the internet cafe area, so we ended up in the cold on the steps outside the hostel.

The cleanliness was excellent!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The hostel seems quite new. It is kept very clean and tidy and is very comfortable to stay in. The staff were also quite friendly. The location of the the hostel isnt the greatest, but still not so bad. Also they have alot of big tourist groups like Top deck or something staying there which wasnt really to my taste. The internet was a bit iffy at times also. Overall not to bad though.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Oscar_Trip1
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My cousins and I stayed at St. Christopher's Paris for three nights in May 2011. The best parts of this hostel are the cozy little bunks we slept in. They each had their own outlets (to charge your electronics), a nightlight (to keep from waking your neighbors) and a sliding curtain to pull across the bunk for privacy. The three of us slept in a room with five other people, but the curtains really gave us a lot of privacy and kept the light out when others were coming and out of the room.

The security lockers (huge cages under each bed) were great. They fit most large suitcases! They're a little loud when you roll them out, but the security they offer you just can't find in most hostels. Bring your own lock!

Most of the staff was friendly and helpful with directions, too!

You can read more about our experience at http://missguidedtravel.blogspot.com

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank MissGuidedTravel
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stayed at this hostel in February with my friend - we were placed in an 8-bed all female room. Each bunk has it's own reading light, privacy curtain and plug-ins. The room was full on the first night, but there were only 5 of us on the second night. The facility, room and linens were very clean. Check-in and check-out were very easy. The beds were a bit hard, but again, it's a hostel, not a $300/night hotel room.

My wallet was stolen in the subway on my first day in Paris (nowhere near the hostel) - the desk staff were very helpful and called the police for me.

I was hesitant about staying in a hostel due to horror stories about noise / drunken travelers - but it was a great first experience. We were lucky to have the room-mates that we had, as on the second night there was a girl sobbing in the hallway near her room - she had obviously had too much to drink and had a bit of a breakdown.

There were three downsides:
(1) We were aware before we booked that the hostel was a bit far from the heart of Paris - but I wish it was closer. It's a bit of a trek with luggage to the train station that took us back to England.

(2) We took advantage of the complimentary breakfast one morning - it consisted of cereal (with curdled milk), very hard french bread, water and tea. I would have preferred a muffin, or some fruit. But, it's a hostel, so you can't be choosy.

(3) If you arrive before 3pm (check-in), you have to store your luggage in the luggage room - it was basically a long, narrow closet. There were secure lockers, which we used, but it was very difficult getting in and out, as the majority of travelers just left their bags in the doorway - they could use a larger, more secure room.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank KatieBursey
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I can’t recommend staying at St. Christopher. There are a few issues I had with it--the most important one is the location. It is located at the Metro stop Crimee. This is one of the roughest places in the greater Paris area. This is a dangerous area and a known drug neighboorhood. You will feel uncomfortable cause there are hustelers all around the Hostel. Imagine wanting to see Manhattan and realizing that you had unknowingly booked a hostel in the South Bronx. That is what St. Christopher is like. I went for a walk during the evening and was followed by some drug dealers. Not really a relaxing Paris experience. The atmosphere is that of a college dorm room. Its big, loud, and noisy. Doesn’t feel that diverse. I had some of my stuff stolen here as well. There are better hostels for your dollar. Look for one actually in the city. There isn't anything to do there so most people sit and drink at the overpriced bar at 6 euros a beer. The beds are alright. Thats about it.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo