“Best beer in Paris”

Price range: US$5 - US$23
Neighbourhood: Opéra / Bourse
Neighbourhood: Opéra / Bourse
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I cannot believe that I haven't reviewed Hoppy Corner before now. I guess one stops seeing old friends.
Disclaimer: I knew the guys who run this place before it opened. I was one of their first customers. Recently I was passing through Paris by train and I had 1:50 between trains. I arrived at the Gare de l'Est and took a taxi to Hoppy Corner, where I ordered a pint of Imperial Stout. While I drank it I checked my transport and realised that I had time for a half of "Pleased to Meet You" IPA, so I also ordered that. Then I ran to the metro and made it to the Gare de Lyon with 8 minutes to spare before my train. That's how much I love Hoppy Corner.
I am a beer fan. I would prize an Imperial Russian Stout above most other fluids, though a decent IPA is perfect for a day whose name ends in 'Y'. Hoppy Corner is run by a group of friends who used to sell bottled craft beer to us Parisians, some still do. These guys know their beer and they know their customers, so their stock is constantly changing and constantly excellent.
The bar serves food. It is in the form of snacks, but they are excellent, and sometimes cooked by Remi, le chef.
However, the real reason to go there is the beer, the great service from lovely people and the feeling that there may just be a heaven, and if there is, I will bet it feels familiar to Hoppy Corner regulars.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

An awesome place. Small but perfectly formed. It has a changing menu of around 15 excellent draught craft beers from first class producers around the world and is staffed by a knowledgeable and friendly (yes, in France) young staff. This place is a true delight to visit. I totally LOVE it.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

I really liked this place. A wide selection of beer and friendly staff. They had a tap takeover when i was there but so one could really go there often as they change up things on the menu.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Un bar à bières très sympa. Un grand choix et les serveurs s'y connaissent. Une bonne adresse.

A nice bar with a great choices of good beers. Staff can also give good advice. I would happily go back.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

It was Monday. 15-something people were inside. Feeling easy. As they are. There are more than 10 draft beers. Not good for my taste. But the beer is fresh. I think it is worth at least knowing this sweet place.