“Very nice restaurant hidden away in Montmartre!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Afghani

Afghani
Ranked #1,820 of 16,851 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$18 - US$30
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Afghani
Good for: Cheap Eats, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Paris, France
“Very nice restaurant hidden away in Montmartre!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

I found this restaurant on trip advisor, as I wanted to try something a bit different. It was a great discovery! I have returned several times since, either with friends or with my boyfriend - all of which agree that it is a great restaurant!

Afghani is hidden away on a side street next to the Sacre Coeur. I used to live a street away and I had no idea it was there! The restaurant is small, cosy and welcoming and the staff are pleasant. The main tables are on the ground floor.There is a basement level which can accommodate larger groups.

The food is excellent (also in relation to the price) and I have never been disappointed. The mixed starter is great. It comprises a mixture of different battered vegetables (such as courgettes, pumpkin and potato) with a yoghurt dressing. It is lightly fried and isn’t heavy like many dishes of this variety can be. Various options exist for the main course - Lamb, veal, beef and vegetarian etc- including rice and pasta dishes., all of which are delicately cooked and perfumed with spices.

I have never been able to eat a desert but they do a very nice mint tea!

My only drawback is that the service is a little slow after having received the main course. There is only one guy looking after all of the tables! However, this is only a very minor point! I would recommend booking a table before arriving – it gets busy and I have never seen free tables on a Friday or Saturday evening.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Carmen E

• Korean first
Redondo Beach, California
“Montmartre + Afghani food = Love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Yum! My family stayed in an apartment just upstairs from this restaurant, but it's worth the trip even if you're not staying in Montmartre. If you're coming to Sacre Coeur plan on dinner here. We've had Afghani food many times before but I think this place tops the list. They even have outstanding veggie options! My son and I got 2 versions of the same dumpling dish, his with meat, mine without. They were both outstanding. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
“Worth a special trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

L'Afghani is hidden away on a quiet residential street on the "unfashionable" side of Montmartre--I might not even have found it if I hadn't been renting an apartment across the street--but even if you're not in the neighborhood it's well worth a trip. The food is outstanding, and great value. It's a small place, and they don't take reservations, but if you go when they open at 8:00 you should be fine. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank willowsong
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cute, authentic, new experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

After finding the location on trip advisor, myself and my husband were pleased to find that the restaurant had a table for 2 available. Set in authentic, cosy surroundings, the restaurant offers and calm and enjoyable atmosphere. We both ordered starters, a main and dessert which came to around €50, with 3 drinks each. Not bad at all for such well flavoured, home made, traditional afghan food.
If we are ever on Paris again, we will definitely be returning to afghani!
Keep up the good work :)

New York City, New York
“Authentic and lively little restaurant very close to Sacre Coeur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

We loved our dinner here! It was easily one of the top 2 meals we had on our 4 night stay in Paris.

Visited July 2012