“guessed!”

Hotel Riviera Elysees
Ranked #1,125 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Last July I spent a weekend in Paris and the Hotel Riviera was my choice...and now I can say a guessed choice! The feedback of internet traveller's opinions were positive and I can confirm that the location is great (near the tube stop Charles de Gaulle and not to far from Port Maillot..it's interesting if you get to paris from Beauvai airport) rooms aren't too large but clean and suitable for a short stay and prices are reasonable. Paris isn't a low cost sightseeing city and tourists have to be aware that the costs for transport, food, cultural sites make it an expansive holiday.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank D79Treviso

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Stayed in triple room 3 nights. Very nice room for the price, compared to other places we stayed during our European trip. Breakfast was very good for the price. Staff very helpful. Enjoyed it very much!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SMJ_13
Reviewed 11 May 2013

This is one of the best-located hotels I've stayed at in Paris, making it a go-to choice now. I stayed here with on a girlfriend trip last year and am returning with my husband this May. If you're flying into CDG, it's a great choice. You can take the Air France coach (google it) to the Etoile (Arc de Triomph) stop - if I'm recalling correctly it's about 30e for a round-trip to and from airport (buy ticket when you board the bus, ask for "allez y detour".) It's a nice, huge "coach" bus with helpers to load your luggage underneath and take it out at your stop - hella better than hauling on the metro, which we've always done in the past! There are only 3 stops or so on the Etoile route - I'm always worried about where to get off, but you get off at the Arc de Triomph (hard to miss!) and then just walk 3 blocks or so to hotel. Hotel has great walking directions/map on website. There is a nice little grocery shop (wine avail!), butcher shop with some takeaway meat pies/charcuterie, and a patisserie all in a row on the street the hotel is on (within 2 blocks) - to me, that kind of convenience is worth a MINT. (We never got hotel breakfast.) Also, you're within 1.5 blocks of the Champs Elysees and within 1 block of a well-connected metro station (I think even 2 stations right next to each other; can't recall names but whatever metro stops are right around the Arc de Triomph, it is literally *blocks* from the hotel! Great to have an easy landmark to orient yourself to, esp. if map-challenged like me.)

The hotel is very well-cared for; I did not find the rooms oppressively small (totally normal by Paris standards) and yes the elevator is tiny (again, totally normal) but it works :) and you do have to go up or down half a floor to get to your room, but if lifting your suitcase is an issue I'm sure they'd help you out. The decor is different in every room, I'd call it modern-Paris-shabby-chic (emphasis on the chic and not the shabby); our last room had a nice deep bathtub, awesome for a soak after a day of sightseeing. Beds/linens were nothing to write home about but serviceable. Wifi worked great. Staff were fine (remember to leave your room key at the desk when you head out for the day, I always forget about that when not in the US!)

All in all, a new go-to for me in Paris; so nice to have a dependable option to go back to!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank monktravels
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Amost difficult thing for non-French speaking travellers is, the only English speaking staff person works only in the evenings. Rooms are well done, but are tiny even by Paris standards, but decor is above average for budget hotels.

The tiny elevator stops at each floor, but you have a half floor up or down at each landing.

The location is near many very good dining options in the 17eme, about 3 blocks north of the Arc'. Maison Pou, on Ave. Ternes is outstanding but upscale. The cafe just outside the door has very good pastries. Metro Ternes station is 2 blocks away and a Monopix store is one block away.. Le Hide is a wonderful restaurant, 2 blocks from the Hotel, and a great value, especially is 11 euro fixed prix lunch, which is about 23 euro at night.

If you are looking for a Parisian Experience more with locals than tourist, the area is great.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I recently stayed here for two nights with two other ladies in a Triple Room. The room was very small as most Paris hotels were but it worked for us. The location though was EXCELLENT! Once you make a left turn out of the hotel you can start to see the Arc de Triomphe straight ahead. A quick right at the turnabout and you're in the heart of the Champs Elysees in all of its splendor! Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Lancel and many other high end stores that will cost you at least two fingers...LOL! Also, the Charles de Gaulle (I think) Metro line near Arc de Triomphe connects you to most other lines you need to access all of Paris.
Otherwise, the staff at the hotel was very nice and helpful. They let us leave our luggage when we arrived earlier than check in and actually got our room ready before the customary check in time. Also, the night clerk (Leopold?) recommended a nearby restaurant that was great!
The only thing is I wasn't keen about leaving the key at the front desk when we left the hotel, but hey, maybe its a Paris thing!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank SkyDiva13
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This hotel is situated near Champs Elysees, which makes it ideal for shopping & getting around. It is also within walking distance (7-10 mins) to the metro, which is a deciding factor for me.

Small but cosy, the room has all the basic amenities that one would need. Since I was staying alone, it was perfectly fine. However, it would have been slightly crowded if there were more than one in the room.

To get to the room, you take a small lift to your designated floor (it's a tight squeeze for 2 persons and their luggage but it's ok I guess!). Not recommended for people with super big luggages.

Service staff speaks decent English, which is very helpful for those who do not speak any French. They also helped me to get a cab to the airport the next morning.

All in all, price is very reasonable for the central location & service.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank cornscious
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We stayed at this Hotel in July last year for Bastille Day. The hotel is very near the Arc de Triomphe and the metro. When we arrived we were told by a friendly girl our room number and used the tiny elevator to bring our luggage up. The problem I had was that in our short stay- 4 nights- we came across at least 4 different people working on the front desk. This is a small hotel, and I didn't understand why there were so many changeovers! It wouldn't have bothered me, but every time we came back to the hotel we felt like we had to introduce ourselves because they didn't recognise us.
Also we were not told we needed to leave our keys at the desk whenever we left so we were told we shouldn't have them on the way back to our room after our day sightseeing. It felt like we were in trouble!
The room was good, clean and bathroom also. The bed was comfortable.
We opted to have breakfast in the café downstairs which had lovely espresso and pain au chocolat/croissant.
Overall the hotel was good and I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple