“Wonderful, very friendly and welcoming”

Hotel Riviera Elysees
Ranked #1,072 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Ireland
“Wonderful, very friendly and welcoming”
Reviewed 19 August 2009

Location was excellent, a few minutes walk from where the Air France bus stop at Arc Triomphe, easy to find on the map. A friendly welcome and our room was clean comfortable and well equipped for our stay. The café attached was good for snacks, and on Thursday night a small and exciting jazz band played Hot Club de France style music, serenading our night cap.
We found everyone at the reception friendly, and were delighted to return to stay in the same hotel, and will do so again if we return to Paris. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Harry52Ireland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
110bloor travel
Reviewed 5 June 2009

My husband and I stayed 10 nights at this hotel. I had found out about it from numerous guide books. I paid 80 euros per night for a double bed including shower. Upon arrival on a Saturday morning, we were greeted by the warm and friendly Chantal, one of the owners. She was so nice and she told us to have a seat and asked the maid to clean the room as quickly as possible since we came on an overnight flight from Canada. The room we had was number 31, inside the courtyard. There is an elevator so this was great for our 3 pieces of luggage. The room is not big, just enough space for your luggage, and shoes. There is a desk and 2 night tables. The room is super super clean. There is not a spec of dust anywhere­. The shower is fantastic: very strong hot water. We had a little toilet problem where water was leaking but it got fixed immediately the next day. Breakfast is 7 euros at the hotel but we chose to walk to Paul, the patisserie on Av. des Ternes, a 2-min. walk. There's also another bakery right up Acacias but we preferred Paul. The metro Etoile Charles de Gaulles is a 5 minutes walk to the hotel. There is also a Monoprix is you want to buy groceries and an open market (Poncelet Market) right up Des Ternes St.

The hotel's location is super convenient: it`s a 10 minutes walk to the Champs Elysées, and the Victor Hugo boulevard. You will find anything you need in this neighbourhood. We had dinner at Cafe Angel twice on de Brey Street around the corner. It was delicious and the fixed priced menu was 28 euros per person.

To get to the hotel from the airport Charles de Gaulle, the best way is to take the Cars Air France, it was 24 euros round trip, a 30 minutes bus ride, quick and convenient. The hotel staff told me about this shuttle service and it drops you off right at the Etoile Carnot CDG subway. You just need to walk 5 minutes to get to the hotel. Taxi will cost you like 56 euros.

The rooms will be small but for 80-90 euros per night, once you get your credit card statement, you will be glad you stayed here.

And Internet is free!!! We brought along our laptop. That is a big plus since lots of hotels around will charge you for Internet. This allowed me to use skype to call home. There is a safe in each room in the closet. Closet space is very tiny, but enough for 2 people.

And last, the best part was the room was extremely quiet, we didn't hear anything. Ask for room 30 or 31. They have other rooms.

You should book via email - the hotel staff responds very quickly to any inquiries and they are so friendly.

My only suggestion is to bring your favourite shampoo or soap and a shower cap. They provide that for you but I prefer bringing my own products. The towels are thick and very clean. There are extra blankets and pillows in the closet if you need it. And the bed sheets are so clean. I am so glad I stayed here and didn't rent an apartment, which is quite expensive.

The area is very safe at night. I would stop by the convenience store on my way back to buy water and fruits.

If you are looking for a big room and bathroom, then this place may not be suitable for you. In my case, I was out most of the day and to me, you are in Paris to enjoy the city, not watch TV in your room.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank 110bloortravel
Moscow
Reviewed 3 May 2009

Very nice hotel with great location! and the view from the window :) It has of course some features you have to be ready to: the elevator is very small - if to be realistic - for two persons at once without luggage, our room is also rather small but really cozy and nice. As I understood all rooms are little bit different and in ours there was very little space in the bathroom... but nice veiw from the window as well :) The staff is friendly and helpful but not of them were eager to speak English :) I should mention that there really is PC with free internet: you come to the reception and they give you laptop :) but you can't go to your room with it :( Anyway they have free WiFi for the whole hotel.
By the way, when I booked the room there I didn't find if the breakfast is included or not. So, it is not included and costs 7 euros. But as for us (I travelled with my mother) it is much more pleasant just to go out and eat something delicious in one of the numerous cafe.
But anyway I'd reccomend this nice hotel for its spirit, location and staff.

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank fjuka
Lisbon
Reviewed 13 April 2009

I stayed at the Hotel Riviera and it was a good experience! The room and the bathroom were very small but the hotel is very clean and the people are very helpful. The location is amazing! Quiet at night, is about 3 minutes walking from the Champs Elisees! Best locaton is impossible.

I sincerely recommend this hotel for a short stay in that absolutely amazing city. I just loved Paris!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JS_85
Birmingham
Reviewed 1 February 2009

NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH RIVIERA HOTEL!
This beautiful hotel has to be the place to stay in Paris. It has everything you need and when it states that the arc de triomphe is a stones throw it really does mean it.Me and my friend had abit of a nightmare when we first got there. We got to this little gem of a hotel and found out that our operator onthebeach.com had false advertised and booked us into the other hotel riviera whichis a dump so we cancelled there and booked into this hotel because we fell in love with it. We are taking actions into getting refunded for the other hotel.
If you do decide to visit this wonderful city then i would recommend this for anyone wanting a quality affordable stay. The staff are some of the best i have come accross especially valery who i think was the manager of the hotel but hes always on reception. We stayed in room 28 which comes equiped with its own little court yard.

Going to Paris is a must and so is this hotel!
Oh and please tell Valery we said hello!

Sarah and Toni x

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank sarahandtoni
Tenerife South - Canary Islands - Spain
Reviewed 15 November 2008

One word to describe my trip to Paris is ¨Magical!¨
Everything about this wonderful city makes it a worthwhile trip.
The Riviera Hotel was perfectly located, the rooms were impecable! Very clean yet tiny!
We didnt mind though because we were out all day sightseeing.
The receptionists were always very helpful when it came time to give directions and telling us where the monuments were.
Paris is amazing!!! I will return to the Riviera hotel !

• Liked — The view of Arc de Triomphe, I will never forget it!
  • Disliked — the small rooms
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bucharest
Reviewed 21 July 2008

We have stayed at the Riviera for 4 times now and we will return! This small and familiar hotel is a perfect location for a Paris visit. It is conveniently located near the subway and train station (you have a direct line to Disneyland) and a 3 minutes walk to Champs-Elysees. The value for the money is unbeatable!
The rooms are quite small (as often the case in Paris), but clean and well accessorized. Breakfast is not included, more of a reason to visit one of the cafes near by for a fresh croissant and coffee. I recommend that you make reservations well in advance. The rooms are often fully booked especially in spring and summer.

• Liked — The value for the money
  • Disliked — The small room
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)