“The Best!”

Ranked #1,087 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Los Angeles, California
“The Best!”
Reviewed 14 October 2010

My home away from home. Mr. Valery is the best that Hotel Riviera, Paris has.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank mrleslie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
Greece
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Riviera hotel was a very nice and warm hotel. the 8 days that we stayed there everything was friendly and most of all every day the room was clean...!!!! it's a very nice place to stay if you want to explore Paris and also if you go there just for business!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2010

We have stayed in Paris several times and this was by far the most disappointing hotel we have stayed in. On arrival the greeting was non existing and we felt we were invisible. After the receptionist finished her phone call we were basically threwn our keys to our room and that was all the dealings we had with the hotel throughout our stay. No "hello" or "enjoy your stay" or "any way we can help don't hesitate to ask" just there you go see you when you checkout and give us your money!
The room was on the 1st floor. The en-suite was a seperate toilet and shower where the shower was inside a cupboard. The walls were thin so next doors every movement was heard, same for the room upstairs especially through the night when it seemed a lot louder. I wouldn't say the hotel was especially cheap and we expected alot more for the price. As we said earlier we have stayed in other hotels in paris before for the same price and it is these hotels we will be going back too if the are available. The Hotel Riviera will not be having a return visit!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 26 February 2010

Stayed here mid-February 2010. Perfect location only two streets from champs elyesse. We could see the Arc de Triomphe from our window. Even thou our room was on the street we had no problem with noise.
All the staff we met were lovely- Day time receptionist was friendly and helpful. We paid €80 per night, room only. No complaints at all. Lovely beds, everything was spotless.
It made our trip so much better to stay in a safe, comfortable hotel. When I return to paris I will stay here again for sure! :)

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank BeanIreland
ATHENS
Reviewed 13 January 2010

I stayed there in 2007 with my boyfriend.I could have written this review earlier but I thought I'd do it now because I read some negative reviews about this hotel made by other customers and I really wonder why!I had a great stay the price was only 75 euros.Trust me, I have stayed at much worse hotels at a higher price!

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hellas73
Miami
Reviewed 26 November 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 8 days in Oct 2009 at the second floor (apt 206 I guess). Like most the hotels in Paris, the room is tiny but cozy. I was afraid it was going to be loud (because it was on the 2nd floor) but the acoustic window helped a bunch. Didn't hear a thing from the street.
Closed to a Monoprix (their supermarket), the Ternes subway station, a FNAC store and the Arc of the Triumph.
It's got a tiny elevator but I only used it for the suitcases, otherwise we used the stairs.
The staff was very helpful and nice. The room was always super clean when we returned at night and it had a really nice smell.
We recommed!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, B.C.
Reviewed 2 November 2009

I booked in for 4 nights as the end of two weeks spent between Normandy and Toulouse. Arrived by metro (6 Etoile) from the train station and took the Carnot street exit -otherwise you'll come out on the far side of the Arc de Triomphe. Just a down hill walk from there to Rue des Acacias and turn right.
I was given room 131 which is in the inner section. You actually have to go up two floors and then outside, down a few steps to get to the room so not for anyone mobility challenged.
Like most of the other reviews the room was quite compact but very clean with an excellent bed and modern bathroom (just darn tight!).
Being on the inside gives no view and not much light in the morning but is very quiet and I can sleep with the window open so the trade-off was acceptable for me.
Front staff and management all very friendly and helpful. Would go back.
WiFi worked great.

Watch out for the restaurant across from the hotel (can't recall the name but they specialize in Auvergnante cuisine). The food is pretty good but they are notorious for padding out the wine tab. They put the full bottle on the table and you have to make sure you are charged for what you consumed.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo