“Didn't feel comfortable or clean”
Review of Solar Hotel

Solar Hotel
Ranked #855 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Florence, IT
“Didn't feel comfortable or clean”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights, and was very attracted to the price and to the concept the hotel presents. When getting here, I was a bit disappointed. I didn't like the atmosphere of the place, I wasn't getting good vibes. The rooms are basic, but didn't seem extremely clean. The floors definitely needed to be vacuumed and the blanket definitely needed to be washed.

The internet in the rooms does not work well at all so I spent a lot of time in the dining room on the main floor. It is here where I got the final disappointment..

On the first night I was sitting using the internet when I saw little MICE running around. Sad to say I was more on edge than I was before.

The breakfast is simple, and I definitely wished their was a bit more of variety. Especially by day 3.
Its not a crummy place, but it can use some restorations and changes.
I really liked the neighborhood it was in.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nzelaya12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 28 March 2012

this unique concept of ecology hotel with cheap price in strategic area made this hotel always occupied

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank swiradja
Aracaju, SE
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I stayed there with my mother and my brother in the family room. It's a huge room very clean and with confortable beds. The area in which it is located is very french. I loved it. It is near a metro station and around lots of brasseries, restaurants, markets. I'm going to Paris again this year and I'm staying at Solar Hotel again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank isalins
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 June 2011

The room was clean and comfortable. Croissant for breakfast was good but we got tired eating the same breakfast on our third day. A staff (an old man with glasses) on duty at night was very helpful and friendly and we were able to practice some French. There were two computers near the cafe for public use (FOC) but one of them could not display/load images properly. The hotel is very near to the metro station, Denfert-Rochereau (look for the exit to Rue Daguerre, it's much nearer compared to other exits). There were some fruit and vegetable stalls on Rue Daguerre. We enjoy having fresh berries throughout our stay as they are so much cheaper compared to those sold in Malaysia.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank eatPLAYloveme
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We booked solar hotel rooms about 4 months ago via email, and get confirmation email within 2 days. When we arrived at the hotel, glad they still remember our booking & put us in main hotel building.The hotel location is good & convenient for us, because we took orly bus from orly airport, and metro is just nearby to anywhere in paris. Another good point about this hotel is near to Rue Daguerre where supermarkets (Monoprix, Franprix), cafe, restaurant, bakeries, fruit stalls all available in this street. I like their breakfast too, it's simple but good enough.(1 hot drink, fruit juice, and croissant). Room is ok too, small but clean.. The only complaint i have is the noise on the street, as our rooms are facing to a bar restaurant on the street, which can be little noisy sometimes. I think the price we pay for is very good value and hardly find similar hotel price with breakfast included.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Starz_Xin
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 26 June 2010

It's a very pleasant Hotel. I stayed there with my family (6 adults), for a week, in June 2009. That time, it's name was "Des Voyageurs".
The rooms aren't very large, but they are very comfortable and very clean. The Hotel is situated very close to Subway station and only few minutes of walking to Montparnasse Tower - which I recommend for visiting. Nearby Montparnasse Street there are a lot of restaurants and Thetres and shps for places where you can buy all sorts of "Creppe".

The Hotel has a small garden with few tables, where you can spent quality time in the evening. Nearby the Hotel is Rue Daguerre, a street with many shops and small restaurants and pubs.

I really loved staying there and I love Paris! If I'll ever return to Paris, I would surely choose the same hotel!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank floryz
Moscow
Reviewed 31 August 2009

I dealed twice with this hotel, always with problems. At the first time, 2 years ago, a booked a double room 2 month in advance for a 3-day staying in October. But when I arrived, a was sent to the next street "annex" - hotel Lionceau. It wasn't bad despite computer in the room was not working at all. But the location of the hotel was excellent and the price - reasonable. This year I booked room 4 month in advance for 7 days in August. First of all, it took me too many time and nerves to get a confirmation from them. I also insisted to mention in the confirmation, that I booked a room in the main building...And when I came they told me that they hadn't my reservation!!!!! I showed them the confirmation - now result! Eventually they called to the hotel Saphir where we eventually checked-in. Thus the summary: be careful and try to avoid this hotel!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple