“Ottima location & concept”
Review of Solar Hotel

Solar Hotel
Ranked #853 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Gennaro Collodi, Italy
“Ottima location & concept”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at end of June 2012. We booked 3 rooms. We found the hotel to be good value for money considering the cost of Parisian hotels,the rooms were nice, clean and looked out over the pretty courtyard and Paris rooftops. Amazing experience

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Dario C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed for one night at end of July 2012. We booked 2 rooms. We found the hotel to be good value for money considering the cost of Parisian hotels but if you're expecting glamour and glitz then you'll be disappointed. The rooms were basic but clean and both looked out over the pretty courtyard and Paris rooftops. The area around the hotel is nice, with some good bars and restaurants and shops and it is very close to both rail networks. Breakfast was adequate to start the day, just croissants and bread, juice and coffee. The bed was reasonably comfortable but not that wide. Free bikes to use if you fancy taking on the Parisian traffic.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main hotel as I've heard they'll sometimes overbook and put people in...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Yvonne W
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights, the price is really great for central Paris (69 euros for a single/double).
Breakfast is included in the price and it is good (1 croissant, 1/4 baguette, butter and jam, and jug of organic apple juice, plus tea or coffee). Rooms are small but fine, since in Paris I really don't need to lounge in the room. Bathroom was also fine, actually lovely blue mosaic tiles.
The hotel is located just around the corner from Rue Daguerre, a lovely Parisian street with fruit stands and cheese monger shop and other nice food shops. Also close to a cinema, and lots of restaurants. Very convenient for the RER B line that takes you to Charles de Gaulle airport.
I will stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: I would ask for rooms that face the garden, as the street gets a bit noisy twice a week early mornin...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank lizade
Florence, IT
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights, and was very attracted to the price and to the concept the hotel presents. When getting here, I was a bit disappointed. I didn't like the atmosphere of the place, I wasn't getting good vibes. The rooms are basic, but didn't seem extremely clean. The floors definitely needed to be vacuumed and the blanket definitely needed to be washed.

The internet in the rooms does not work well at all so I spent a lot of time in the dining room on the main floor. It is here where I got the final disappointment..

On the first night I was sitting using the internet when I saw little MICE running around. Sad to say I was more on edge than I was before.

The breakfast is simple, and I definitely wished their was a bit more of variety. Especially by day 3.
Its not a crummy place, but it can use some restorations and changes.
I really liked the neighborhood it was in.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nzelaya12
Reviewed 28 March 2012

this unique concept of ecology hotel with cheap price in strategic area made this hotel always occupied

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank swiradja
Aracaju, SE
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I stayed there with my mother and my brother in the family room. It's a huge room very clean and with confortable beds. The area in which it is located is very french. I loved it. It is near a metro station and around lots of brasseries, restaurants, markets. I'm going to Paris again this year and I'm staying at Solar Hotel again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank isalins
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 June 2011

The room was clean and comfortable. Croissant for breakfast was good but we got tired eating the same breakfast on our third day. A staff (an old man with glasses) on duty at night was very helpful and friendly and we were able to practice some French. There were two computers near the cafe for public use (FOC) but one of them could not display/load images properly. The hotel is very near to the metro station, Denfert-Rochereau (look for the exit to Rue Daguerre, it's much nearer compared to other exits). There were some fruit and vegetable stalls on Rue Daguerre. We enjoy having fresh berries throughout our stay as they are so much cheaper compared to those sold in Malaysia.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends