“Good location, tiny rooms”
Review of Hotel Bellan

Hotel Bellan
Ranked #1,381 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hi hotel is located in central place with market around it, metero station easily approachable, staff is helpful but I was disappointed as I entered my room. Firstly the lift inside hotel is so small that only 1 person can adjust in it at a time and the room is really too small we could hardly stand besides the bed, so we found not good as was the price of the room.
Its a gud stay option for a single person, but for couple and family I would not advise as rooms are too small.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Richa S

Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is a great little hotel within walking distance of all the main attractions. I recently stopped on my own in the single room which was of ample size for me to crash at night and had a small double bed in. it was clean and the bed was comfortable, it also had a digital safe deposit box included to store your valuables which many places don't have or charge a fee for. I lived out my suitcase but there was an ample wardrobe for clothing etc. I was on the first floor and enjoyed the hustle and bustle of continental cuisine so had no problems with the chatter late evening from the street, most places closed by midnight. only little niggle was the bathroom and although I wasn't in much and I can pretty much cope with anything it was really very beju. I struggled to use the sink due to space and arms knocking on shower panel and wall at other side. I didn't use the shower as it was just too small to try and properly shower. staff were very helpful and pleasant and breakfast for €6 was good value and kept me full until lunchtime. The micro lift was very quick but only fits one average size person at a time and is a squeeze with a hold all or small suitcase but is just manageable. Stairs during my visit were being redecorated and re-carpeted so were out of bounds. Eiffel Tower and arc de triomphe are furthest away at about an hours walk. Shops, bars, metro and cafés etc are all a few seconds away. I also found a supermarket Which I found useful to purchase food/ bottled water as needed if you want to keep on the move and food costs down as it is expensive to eat out in Paris. All in all a nice clean pleasant hotel in a great location. (Watch out for the gold ring scams along the River seine and clipboard scams on the champs élysées)

Room Tip: Don't take the single room for two people it's not big enough for two.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Midnight2673
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel for our weekend in Paris - it's "nothing too special" but in saying that, it's definitely good enough for a couple of nights stay. We got a room with 2 double beds and it was clean and comfortable. The lift in the hotel is super small and fits 3 people maximum at a time but that's not too much of an issue. It was close to the Louvre and a lovely little market just behind. There are plenty of little cafes and hotels around the hotel too! The staff spoke English and were easy to talk to which was excellent. I would definitely go back to this hotel during my next trip to Paris. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tia M
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This hotel was not up to the pictures it shares. OK, but just that. Room incredibly small, but a bathroom that was among the smallest I have ever seen, even by European standards. The shower was so small that even a small woman could barely wash her hair. BUT given all that, in a pinch the location makes up for the lack of space. Be cautious about the room as some are very dark, ask for a room in the front.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sharmiro
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed at the hotel from the 24th till the 27th on a business trip very accessible hotel not far from les Halles Metro station. A small hotel with very friendly and helpfull staff specially Ali and Najem. They do their best to help the english speaking guests with their not so good english. You can order for your breakfast at a very reasonable price ^euro every evening for next morning the rooms are clean and quite spacious for the rate. I would most definitely recoment that hotel to my friends as it is value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for street facing rooms!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nazim M
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed in a twin room with a friend for three nights in August. The room was fairly small but sufficient for what we needed, we were living out of the suitcase rather than unpacking. This was a 'twin' room but I wouldn't be surprised if the doubles are the same since the two beds were pushed together - there wasn't enough room around the sides for us to separate the beds. Fortunately my friend and I don't have personal space issues! The bathroom was again sufficient for a weekend and the shower was very small - I banged my elbows when washing my hair! But both the room and bathroom were clean which I consider essential.

However the location was great - it was just a 10 min walk down to the Louvre and we had cafés and restaurants nearby so we opted for a room only, no breakfast. We walked everywhere but the Metro was nearby so easy access up to Gare de Nord (we Eurostar'd in/out).

The reception staff were generally friendly but we did ask them for help once and I think they could have done a little more to help out. We had missed a booking at the Eiffel Tower (totally our fault) and we asked if they could speak to someone about our booking to see if we could come down another time. He was on the phone for all of about 20 seconds and then said that it wasn't possible. It may be that the person on the other end of the phone was not accommodating but we felt he could have tried a bit harder.

All in all, a nice clean hotel in a good location for a good price (which is why I graded this 'very good' rather than 'average'). And if you come in the summer (like we did), be sure to ask for a fan as the room wasn't air conditioned - we didn't sleep well at all the first night but the other two were much better with the fan on.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheaCaramello
Reviewed 7 August 2013

A friend of mine lived in Paris for a while, so he helped me find a good neighborhood/area of the city to find a hotel. When I found Hotel Bellan in one of the areas he suggested, it seemed like a perfect fit. The price sounded good, the photos looked nice, and the reviews were pretty good. Well, we were not disappointed with our experience there! The location is lively, fun, and super close to 2 Metro stations, several shops and restaurants. Our room was clean, no problem there. Of course, the room was a bit small and there was no air conditioning, but that's just the standard in Paris. The open windows provided plenty of breeze, though. You can pay about 7 Euros/person for their breakfast if you want, but there are plenty of places in the neighborhood to get some food. The only down side I can think of is that since the area is so lively, there's plenty of noise in the street below. This place was great and I will definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2013