“Very well cooked food”
Review of Le Taste Monde

Le Taste Monde
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Le Taste Monde is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,268 of 17,611 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$39 - US$77
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Recommended by our hotel who made the reservation for us the first impression wasnt great. However the outside didnt match teh really tasteful and modern interior. Good service, interesting menu. For my main I had salmon with herb crust and cereriac - excellent! My husband had steak and daughter cod.

Wine was quite expensive - but seems to be in most French restaurants.

My only criticism would be how quiet it was when we first arrived - only 3 tables occupied with very soft music in the background. Felt shusshed although no one did!

Reviewed 30 September 2012

My wife and I visited this pleasant, chic and modern restaurant after veering off the busy Rue Haussman and Fauberg. The restaurant was filled by 1pm with many local office workers.

Service was excellent, the meal was very good and the wine list was all worldly.

If you are in the area of Madeline, the Opera, etc. visit this restaurant. You will enjoy it like we did too!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Out of our 4 times in Paris, this stands out as one of the most horrible dining experiences we had. On Sunday evening, after a long day of walking, hotel concierge recommended this plase as the one within a close proximity to our hotel. This restaurant didn't have any locals and is set up only for foreign tourists, even their ridiculous wine list with maps (with very limited selection of quality wines, especially from France). The food was tasteless, service rude and pretentious, which is not that unusual for Paris. What prompted me to write this review is absolutely surprising attempt by a waiter to sell us a spoiled bottle of wine! When they brought us the bottle of Italian wine, the waiter actually decanted it, smelled a cork, poured some wine into a glass and examined the "aroma". It all looked pretty cool for "dumb" American tourists, but the problem for him was that my husband actually knows a bit about wine. The wine was totally spoiled, it was like vinegar, and the cork was actually completely ruined. It's hard to believe that the waiter in this "nice" establishment didn't notice this during his presentation. When we pointed out to the obvious issue here, he didn't argue and took the bottle back. I cannot imagine this situation happening anywhere in Italy. Tourist traps like this give Paris its bad reputation.

3  Thank yanka7
Reviewed 31 March 2012

The food and wine were very good, but way overpriced. I ate similar meals for half the price

Reviewed 28 February 2012

The service here was exceptionally good, but also a little pushy - we ended up drinking more wine that we really wanted, and certainly paying more that we had intended.

Food was excellent on the plus sided