“Yum”
Review of Le Taste Monde

Le Taste Monde
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Le Taste Monde is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,099 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$39 - US$77
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Toronto
“Yum”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Loved this nice quaint restaurant. Went with work collegues and had a lovely raw salmon carpaciao and rissotto.

Visited February 2014

Brooklyn, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mediocre Food, horrible service”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My family and I came here on a trip to Paris for my father's 70th birthday. There were 6 of us and only 1 French-speaker (me) for the group. I can see how this might be irritating to some French people, but I can assure you that we were well-behaved and quiet. I did most of the talking and am more or less fluent. I always receive compliments on my French skills.

The waiter approached our table with a very pleasant demeanor. As soon as I started speaking, his face dropped. Though I could communicate with him, he immediately seemed annoyed. I tried to engage him in pleasantries, but he refused to engage me. After the order, he was basically non-responsive. He didn't come check on us during the meal. On my way to the bathroom, I heard him say "Je détèste ce type de client," which I assume was us, Americans. Throughout the meal, we would catch irritated glances from our waiter.

He did not thank us on the way out, and we left with a bad taste in our mouths (not only because of the food). When I go through the evening in my head, we did everything right. We were a quiet group, I communicated only in French, and we spent A LOT of money. Why did we deserve to be treated so coldly? It was by far the worst experience we had on the entire trip. I've spent years in different parts of France and months at a time in Paris and have never been made to feel so unwelcome.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Caitlin W
Sweden
“Discrete and humble yet very good !”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We were struggling to find a restaurant that was open on a Saturday night in the Madeleine area !
Struggling in the sense that we wanted to find a place that felt welcoming and interesting yet with a French cuisine but most of the places were closed !?
We actually were about to give up as we passed this place, took a quick look at the menu and entered.
Unbelievable that our hotel (located on the same street) had not recommended this place!
Service was personal and warm, food was very good and they presented an impressive wine list that included wines from other places then France ;-)
Our French is limited but the service but English was not a problem at all.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank SwedenPer
Paris, France
“Go for the wine selection”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

The restaurant has a truly impressive selection of wines and a staff skilled at matching the appropriate bottle to the dishes selected by everyone at the table. Menu is sufficiently diverse to appeal to most, and even better when paired with the right wine.

• Visited January 2012
Warwickshire
“Very well cooked food”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Recommended by our hotel who made the reservation for us the first impression wasnt great. However the outside didnt match teh really tasteful and modern interior. Good service, interesting menu. For my main I had salmon with herb crust and cereriac - excellent! My husband had steak and daughter cod.

Wine was quite expensive - but seems to be in most French restaurants.

My only criticism would be how quiet it was when we first arrived - only 3 tables occupied with very soft music in the background. Felt shusshed although no one did!

• Visited November 2012