Adagio Paris Opera
Agoda.com
US$142
US$138
Hotels.com
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$229
US$486
US$411
  • Room Service
All reviewsmurphy bedgaleries lafayetteauber stationstudio apartmentradio cd playermain living arealarge fridgel'open toursmall hallgreat locationvacuum cleanerfamily staykitchen areawasher and dryercheck outst lazareseparate bedroom
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in mid May for our honeymoon.

The aparthotel was well placed: 2mins walk to the Havre-Caumartin Metro, 5mins walk to the Opera Metro and 2mins walk to RER A if you're looking to travel by train to Disneyland, the Gare Du Nord train station, airports or the outskirts.

Since we stayed for more than 3 nights, no daily room service was provided, which was fine anyways since we ate out most of the time. When we did eat in, we the microwave proved useful since we bought our meals from the DIA supermarket just 30sec walk from the lobby along the same block. A dishwasher was also provided which I thought was quite cute for a small apartment.

Due to the size of the apartment, the bed was a pull down one, convertable between a sofa and bed. The pillows were a little too flat for me- and I usually prefer flat pillows. Everything around the apaprtment was basic, as is the TV channels- there was only 1 English France24 news channel.

We stayed on the 4th floor, and our unit was closest to the lift so there was quite a lot of noise during the night, and our unit as also in an odd L-shaped layout with a lot of corners, which I wasn't quite comfortable with.

The reception staff were very pleasant and helpful and gave good advice on how to move around town.

Overall, for the price you pay for Paris lodging you really shouldn't expect much. I'd recommend this aparthotel only if you're travelling single/couple, looking for a good, clean roof above your head and not planning to stay long indoors. I'd book somewhere else for a honeymoon.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
ADAGIO-OPERA, General Manager at Adagio Paris Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
We attach a great deal of importance to correcting any errors that occur, with a view to enhancing our quality standards and customer satisfaction levels,

Kind regards,
Ghislaine FOURNEY

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed in a studio room in this hotel in April, and would strongly recommend it. The hotel is in a great location, and is only a 15 or so minute walk to the Musée d'Orsay and near lots of metro and RER stations.

My room room faced onto the courtyard and was very quiet at night (I asked for this after other reviewers noted that the street-facing rooms are noisy). It was quite large - especially for the price - and well equipped with cooking equipment, though the lack of a toaster is a shame. I found the hotel staff to be helpful, and all the ones I met spoke good English. When I reported a problem with my room it was quickly fixed.

However, the hotel does have some downsides. The arrangements for using the internet are a bit odd, and the slow speed is frustrating. While this is a self-catering hotel, it's a shame that they don't even provide the usual collection of teabags, coffee and UHT milk which would be expected in even a simple hotel. Finally, the breakfast is pretty poor - the selection is pretty limited and the quality of the food isn't great (lots of sugar, and not much else!).

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Adagio Paris Opera and would recomend it

Room Tip: My room facing into the courtyard was quiet at night
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Location good, but on our last day we organised a late check out, only to be told at 10am, we had to be out by 12 noon, when we had organised 3pm, due to illness. There was no help given, the manageress suddenly stopped understanding English, and we were yelled at! Would not recommend to anyone! One person had to pack 4 people's luggage, and although we were offered assistance with luggage on arrival we were told no luggage help was provided as this was not a hotel, it was an apart hotel!!! Will be telling my workplace to avoid this one. The room, although well equipped was too small for 4 people. Breakfast - we were left to ourselves, no one there to speak to, or to assist. At 11am we were told only one person was on duty in the whole place. Unpleasant and rude when they had an unexpected booking after us.... Manageress blamed her staff and spoke very rudely. Ruined our visit to Paris! Although, the one of us left, got out in time, when we'd left for the EuroStar train at 4pm, no-one had entered... Lying and dishonesty. One family member was made to drag all luggage into bag room alone, even though very I'll.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family