“Good for a Night, Maybe Two”
Review of Hotel Viator

Hotel Viator
Ranked #1,648 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This place is for the very, very simple traveler. If you have a night or two to stay in Paris and you're budgeting then this could be a place to stay. It's very close to a lot of restaurants and the front desk was always helpful towards us and friendly unlike what some others on here experienced.We walked to the Eifle Tower from our hotel, it was only an hour walk or so and we show lots of great shops and restaurants on the way. The walls are paper thin, you can hear those next to you, across from you, above and below you. They do lock you out by 2 am, you have to ring in to get back in so if you're a night owl you might want to check elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a shower otherwise you'll be sharing with other guests.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Reannawpg

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Room Tip: Try it, you'll like it!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 12 December 2013

First, when I arrived - no hello - no welcome - no greeting - and the desk clerk couldn t find my booking. When i showed my confirmation, he yelled to someone in another room asking if they had changed their expedia password. After telling me I could have a room on the first floor, as I walk with a cane, I was then told it would be an extra 25 euros a night, because it had four beds. After complaining and whining a bit, the clerk gave in and said I could have the four bed room, if I only used one bed.
The room was freezing. Two bent out of shape wire coat hangers hung in the open shelf unit. The bathroom had half a roll of toilet paper and the shower appeared to have mould growing in the corners.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Ricklion
Reviewed 1 December 2013

False advertising.. This "hotel" is nothing like the website describes. There is no 24 hour reception, we were locked out and reverted to banging on the door very loudly and screaming until a fellow occupant of the hotel came to open the door for us. The next day when we approached the concierge he told us we should have just "rang the bell" like that had never occurred to us?. After requesting them to review the security footage we were given 24 hour free Wi-Fi as a form of apology. To summarise you are better to sleep in a cardboard box.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kiarajferrington
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This might not be the place for someone on that amazing honeymoon or the person wanting the once in a lifetime Paris experience but for me the Hotel Viator worked just fine. I was on a backpacking trip and didn't want to blow the budget on an expensive hotel. The hotel was located in the 17th Arrondissement; this may not be the prime tourist spot, but I thought the location was great. You get the Parisian neighborhood feel, you are within walking distance of Montmartre and next to Brochant metro station which will puts you in the heart of Paris in minutes.

As for the hotel itself I found the downsides to be the lack of air condition which would make things a bit rough on Summer nights and the fact that were only two public toilets on each floor. The staff was awesome, they gave me deals on the Wifi making my wifi next to free. I would personally have zero qualms about staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank callmethekid
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were visiting Paris for 4 days and only thing we did in Viator was sleeping so I didn't really 'enjoy' the 'goods' of that hostel. Viator is placed in a quite noisy neighbourhood of Paris but if you ain't an old grandma you wouldnt mind that at all. I think that standards of that hostel are reasonable for the price so can't really complain. Hostel is running by a group of arabs and they were really nice and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Weekd
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The Hotel Viator, is yet another one of the very poorly designed and constructed hotels that are so common in Paris. Whether you want to or not, you will participate in the life of the whole hotel. Doors banging, you can follow conversations next to you, or on op of you.Sleep will not be done on your terms.Ah, Paris - there is only one - maybe just as well...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Johann B