This is a cool hotel, I liked the funky vibe and the restaurants they had here. I would definitely recommend it to my hipster friends and if you know your way around Paris. The hotel is unique and is neat. A pretty cool hotel for couples or young people with a pretty nice night life & good food in the restaurants.
1. Unique and cool! Never seen a hotel quiet this different.
2. The room was fairly large for a Paris hotel. It was not huge but it was not a closet either.
3. The bathroom was also good for a Paris hotel. Sizable enough to move around but not like a US hotel.
4. Clean hotel rooms & bathrooms.
5. Good fast internet.
6. Restaurant food was excellent. I tried the pizzeria & the regular restaurant, very Tasty.
7. The hotel is very tech forward and savvy.
8. Relatively affordable for Paris!
1. Far away from the center of attractions in Paris. I do not recommend this if this is the 1st time you have been here. I have been to Paris and consider myself with a good knowledge on how to get around using the Metro so not a big deal for me.
2. Parents, as you are aware Paris and France are fairly open society and there are a # of adult movie selections that you will need to lock out. If you are an couple or adult this may be great for you. I am by no means conservative but I think if you have small children you should be aware. I hate to put this at a "negative" per say but the access to the selections are very easy. I just caution you if you are parents with small children/teenage children.
3. Dinner/brunch can be expensive. A family of 4 with a couple of drinks can easily spend $150-$200 EUR if you wanted. Stating that the quality of the food is excellent!!!!
I would stay here again in a heartbeat for business or pleasure. I would bring my wife here and i think we would have a great time. I give it a 4/5 for 1 reason, it is far away from the city center. The hotel is a lot of fun, has a great vibe and is HIP! If you are familiar with Paris 5/5 stars, you will be fine getting around. If you want to try something different, funky, neat and cool this is your place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the historic Saint Blaise neighborhood located in the heart of authentic Paris with its flowerlined cafe terraces, its gardens and its air rebellion, Mama Shelter welcomes you. Sensual and elegant the 172 rooms are equipped with Apple iMacs 27", video on demand (free) and 5 Star bedding (Duvet 100% Satin Coton Sheets). They offer you a serene retreat after a long day in the city and an evening across the street at the mythic Parisian temple of international live music, La Fleche d'Or. Easy access to the Mama Shelter: in the heart of the 20th district, it is conveniently located 16 miles from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 12.5 Miles from Orly Airport. Otherwise, direct connection to the A3 Highway, or next to metro stations. Take a break in Mama Shelter and enjoy: Live Concerts, Cabaret Shows, DJs, Table Soccer, Boutique of Offbeat Products... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mama Shelter Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mama Shelter Hotel Paris