“A lucky find”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Au Saint Benoit

Au Saint Benoit
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Au Saint Benoit is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9,459 of 16,851 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Woking
“A lucky find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

We had headed out with an open mind about where to eat on a Satruday night. We ended up walking past this restaurant, looked at the menu and saw there were some empty tables and headed in. (It soon filled up.) Unlike some reviewers we had really great, friendly service - ok the waiter recommened a bottle of wine at 45 Euros or so and we opted for one at around 25 which we thought was pretty good. The food was very good in our opinion(s). I do agree it was tricky to work out what might have been their "menu" options - hidden on the back page of the menus. However, we were happy to go for the a la carte. Not a cheap meal, but not overly expensive - we certainly felt the food was good, the service good and it was reasonable value for money.

• Visited October 2012

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Classic tourist ripoff joint with mediocre food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

Waiter showed and explained to us the price fixe menu but when the bill came we were charged ala carte prices - waiter then explained because it was Friday the price fixe menu prices did not apply. We complained but were met with a mystified stare.The boring mixed green salad was 9e and was worthy of 5e, the so so plats were priced at 18e and should have been 12e. The bottle of Bordeaux was good and priced fairly. We were in a downpour and dived in here. We stayed dry, but it cost the three of us 108e, a disappointing experience and the worst meal we had in Paris.

Denver, Colorado
“Bad French food, decent service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

Au Saint Benoit is a nice looking restaurant in my favorite arrondissement. Our server was very friendly, efficient and switched easily between French and English. We also had a nice table outside in front of the restaurant which made people watching quite enjoyable. The food however was an entirely different story.

As a frequent traveler to Paris, I have eaten at Au Saint Benoit on a couple of different occasions have have generally been pleased. I can't say the same about this experience. FIrst off, they gave us the smallest pour of Bordeaux I have ever seen in Paris into a huge glass and charged 6 euros. Our green salads, which were supposed to be with just some aged cheese and vinaigrette dressing tasted like they had tabasco sauce or something spicy on them. I had to drink a half liter of water to finish mine. I should have said something, but just wanted to get the course over with. My shrimp scampi with pesto was dry and tasteless. There was no way I was going to attempt desert, but I did have a cappuccino, which wasn't very good either. My father was equally disappointed in his meal.

I'm sorry to say, but there are many better dining options in Saint Germain des Pres and I won't be back. It's not worth wasting a beautiful late summer evening in Paris on a mediocre to bad meal.

• Visited September 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Restaurant delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

We had eaten here before and found it very charming. Our server was cute, charming and good at service. Our food was delicious, one of our best meals in Paris and look forward to going back. It sits amongst a lot of good restaurants, but don't pass it by, it's a gem.

• Visited September 2012
Saddleworth
“Favourite meal of our trip.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

We ate here twice on our five-day stay in Paris and enjoyed both meals. If you eat before 8pm there is a fixed price menu of 20 euro. The staff do not draw your attention to this and you have to ask for the fixed menu to be brought. We ate a la carte on the first evening because of this, but were nevertheless delighted with the quality and prices- reasonable for Paris. We both had French Onion soup to start, which was flavoursome and plentiful, and had a duck breast for main, which was in a plum sauce- exquisite and cooked to perfection.

Our second meal was from the fixed price menu and was fantastic value. I had mozzarella and tomato salad with pesto to start and monkfish with veg for main. Absolutely divine! The drinks are expensive, but in-line with comparable eateries.

We ate outside and my only criticism would be that the tables are very close together. I was literally elbow to elbow with another diner! However, the food made up for this.

If you want a delicious meal in a quiet back-street location and are in the St. Germain district, try this restaurant. It is also very close to the St. Germain de Pres metro station.

• Visited August 2012