“Great Meal To Cap Off Our Visit”
Review of Au Saint Benoit

Au Saint Benoit
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Au Saint Benoit is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10,041 of 17,315 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Arlington, Texas
“Great Meal To Cap Off Our Visit”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This restaurant was near our hotel and looked very appealing during our strolls in the area. We chose it for our final night in Paris and it was probably the best meal of our visit. Seating was less crowded than we experienced elsewhere plus service was efficient and understated. Their version of onion soup was outstanding and the prawn and scallop courses satisfied our seafood cravings. Mango tiramisu was a perfect ending.

• Visited September 2012

Munich, Germany
“Good food and good prices, charming service”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

This was a very nice place to spend the evening eating a good dinner and enjoying friends. Nobody rushes you here. The french onion soup is really wonderful, as well as the Creme Brulee - the steak is like all the others you get in Paris, good and with Frites. I find the food better in Italy anyway, but this place stands out for the soups and desserts. Snails are good, too! And the service is really charming.

• Visited October 2012
Woking
“A lucky find”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We had headed out with an open mind about where to eat on a Satruday night. We ended up walking past this restaurant, looked at the menu and saw there were some empty tables and headed in. (It soon filled up.) Unlike some reviewers we had really great, friendly service - ok the waiter recommened a bottle of wine at 45 Euros or so and we opted for one at around 25 which we thought was pretty good. The food was very good in our opinion(s). I do agree it was tricky to work out what might have been their "menu" options - hidden on the back page of the menus. However, we were happy to go for the a la carte. Not a cheap meal, but not overly expensive - we certainly felt the food was good, the service good and it was reasonable value for money.

• Visited October 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Classic tourist ripoff joint with mediocre food.”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Waiter showed and explained to us the price fixe menu but when the bill came we were charged ala carte prices - waiter then explained because it was Friday the price fixe menu prices did not apply. We complained but were met with a mystified stare.The boring mixed green salad was 9e and was worthy of 5e, the so so plats were priced at 18e and should have been 12e. The bottle of Bordeaux was good and priced fairly. We were in a downpour and dived in here. We stayed dry, but it cost the three of us 108e, a disappointing experience and the worst meal we had in Paris.

Denver, Colorado
“Bad French food, decent service.”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Au Saint Benoit is a nice looking restaurant in my favorite arrondissement. Our server was very friendly, efficient and switched easily between French and English. We also had a nice table outside in front of the restaurant which made people watching quite enjoyable. The food however was an entirely different story.

As a frequent traveler to Paris, I have eaten at Au Saint Benoit on a couple of different occasions have have generally been pleased. I can't say the same about this experience. FIrst off, they gave us the smallest pour of Bordeaux I have ever seen in Paris into a huge glass and charged 6 euros. Our green salads, which were supposed to be with just some aged cheese and vinaigrette dressing tasted like they had tabasco sauce or something spicy on them. I had to drink a half liter of water to finish mine. I should have said something, but just wanted to get the course over with. My shrimp scampi with pesto was dry and tasteless. There was no way I was going to attempt desert, but I did have a cappuccino, which wasn't very good either. My father was equally disappointed in his meal.

I'm sorry to say, but there are many better dining options in Saint Germain des Pres and I won't be back. It's not worth wasting a beautiful late summer evening in Paris on a mediocre to bad meal.

• Visited September 2012