“Worst ever!”

Ranked #1,700 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Worst ever!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Dear all, I would like to share my experience with you about our stay in Hipotel Paris Nation.

We booked this hotel for 4 nights to visit Disneyland.
Hotel is located in a good area 15min walking distance from Nation undergroung.It was easy to find. When we walked in we were greeted by member of staff from behind the reception desk: "Hi!Yes,tell me!"
Reception looked ok, so we thought if the hotel looks same then we will be fine.After brief conversation few minutes later we were given key to our room N16.
Geting to our room was easy, as it was located on the first floor and we've decided to use stairs. There was missing carpet on the stairs and remaining carpet all the way to our room was very old,tatty and dirty.
We booked triple room for two adults and child. There is no such rooms in the whole hotel. It was just double room with additional camper bed.All mattresses were very old and dirty with some kind of a stains,and. possibly bed fleas, as by the end of our stay all of us had skin rush and some kind of a bites.However, bed linen was clean.
Bathroom was not cleaned from previous stay I guess,as we found lots of hair on the floor and in the bath. Shower curtain had some dirty stains on it. Toilet was smelly as well. We even bought some bleach in the nearest supermarket and cleaned all bathroom ourselves. Just to make sure now we can use it safely.

Breakfast.It is served from 7.00 to 9.00 or 7.30 to 9.30. We did not really understand this.They simply used black marker pen to overwright opening time.Later we had problems with breakfast.
Breakfast it self was....one small croissant,one small white bread roll,some butter and some jam. Tea or coffee unlimited.For the first three mornings we were lucky to get some bits, but the day we were checking out there was no breakfast for us!
We asked about breakfast and were told "you are to late, no breakfast for you.its your fault, you should have come earlier as it served till 9.00".
We tried so explain that we came at 8.50 and sign on a door said till 9.30. "NO! No food for you, as we have extra peopel today!
I said as we've paid for breakfast we should get one and it's their responsibility to provide us.
After few minutes we were given one bread roll,two small butters,jam.ALL BEEN PICKED FROM WHAT OTHER GUESTS DID NOT FINISH!!!! Plus some out of date biscuits and some corn flakes in a plastic bag, hell knows were from.
I went to talk again and was told:" if you dont like some thing you can complain to your provider."

In anger I just threw everything across the room on to the floor.

10 minutes later we left this hotel from hell.
Please check my photos.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Ok so we arrive at the hotel early, it is in a good location, When I got there I was happy enough with the outside, paid and went off to spend the day at Disney.....what a mistake? Arrived back to the hotel just before 1am to be given the key to the two rooms I had booked (a double one for my brother and his girlfriend and a Triple one for myself, 4 year and 20 year old daughter's)...well that is when it became apparent that I had made a total mistake booking this hotel.

When you leave the foyer and go through the glass door; you are greeted with a staircase, which looked as though it use to be carpeted to the top, but now most of the stair carpet has been removed leaving a few of the top steps carpeted with very tatty and fraying dirty carpet, held on by brass stair strips.

When I opened my room door I was greeted with the poignant smell of feces (poo); my brother immediately opened the windows to try and help relieve the intense smell. One of the windows was in the bathroom, so he tried to turn on the light to see what he was doing....no light! The traffic noises from the front was loud, as the building is situated on a main road.

We looked around the room, I wanted to cry....the furniture was dated and the MDF from the bedside cabinet rotting, with sticky bits on the one little table and the floor.... like someone had been using the room and it hadn't been cleaned. Two of the single beds squeaked and the third bed, which looks like a full bed on the pictures, was a camper bed from Ikea. We really didn't want even to sit on these beds, as all the beds where covered with blanket type throws; my bed had red staining on it (which appeared to be the bodily fluids from a female), both of the other beds blankets were just plain dirty. The walls were white with dull dirt patches, I just said we couldn't sleep in this room and went to see if I could change it.

I went to see the hotel concierge, he came up looked at the light in the bathroom, said nothing about the smell and said he couldn't fix the light or change the room, because they were full. It was late we had nowhere else to go, so we put the blankets on the floor, kept the windows open and slept on the top of the sheets, which were actually white and clean.

When morning came, that's when we saw the true state of the bathroom, there was poo uncleaned around the toilet pan, the bath/shower was dirty with brown tidal staining, the shower head didn't work, as it sprayed everywhere and the water was hard to regulate. The sink was also unclean. As for my brother's room, it was just as horrible, but his bed blanket had white staining on the underside and his shower cubicle was slightly cleaner than my bathroom.

On the whole I would not recommend this hotel to anyone at all. When we were leaving, we saw a couple that were booked there by their tour operator, they were in Paris for their honeymoon, the groom was very upset and spitting feathers, the bride was crying, although I did not see their room, we shared with each other our experiences of the rooms, I only write about the couple to show that this hotel has a persistent theme of sub-standard and uncleanly rooms, not at all like the pictures shown on their website.

Room Tip: You don't get to choose, they rooms look nothing like the pictures shown on the website.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Theresamg18

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I am horrified to hear from my 16 year nephew (who stayed here with 3 friends a few weeks ago for 1 night) how unfriendly and unhelpful the staff were. He did not expect 5 star accommodation for such a cheap price however when he returned to the UK he realised he had left his favourite limited edition t-shirt there. try as he might they refuse to hep him even though it is in their lost property we are quite happy to pay postage and packing back to the UK. What an awful first impression for us of Hiphotel group. I will be contacting their group director!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
L
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We got a good price and enjoyed 2 bedrooms, which is ideal as a family as we were able to chat while our children were asleep. The lift was tiny and handy in order not to have to carry our luggage ourselves, but scary otherwise, definitely not suitable for a pushchair or so. It was very noisy as the avenue is busy, and there was mould in the shower. We skipped the breakfast and went to a cafe instead. It was handy for us for 1 night, but definitely not nice enough for a holiday.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank h h
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This hotel can be used only if Paris hotels are overbooked. The only good side about it is the location infront of a metro station. Other than that the hotel is poor on almost all aspects. The room I got was dirty and unmaintained. The windows and furniture were dirty. The towels in the bathroom were not changed. The staff were ok on the average. The area in which the hotel was located was also ok on the average. I recommend to the hotel management that they should look at the cleanliness of the hotel more seriously.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We got a room on the fifth floor, two separate beds, but they were extremely narrow, even for me being a very thin person.
The room was small and dark, quite dirty. The window was so dirty, I didn't feel like to touch it to open.
The bathroom was more or less okay. The tap was dripping. You had to wait a lot for warm water and suddenly turned cold again. The tub was not draining properly.
The elevator is a must try :) It's only for two persons without bags, narrow as everything is this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tinezzz
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Our Schengen visa came in a bit late, we scurried for shortlisted hotels which were alreay booked because of high tourist season. Our choice came down to (given our budget) a central but cheap 2 star hotel or staying in Paris suburbs. We opted for a better location and I give one stars for the location alone. The Porte de Vincennes metro stop is right below the hotel. It's on line 1 which cuts across all of Paris, going to most major tourist attractions and has connections to all other major lines. There are supermarkets, fast food restaurants, laundries, fine dining places and assorted shops all around the hotel and in the Nation area. But that's where the good part ends.

We tried to appease ourselves by telling one another that we shall only be returning in nights and using the hotel to sleep while we are in this great city. Alas, as the days rolled by, the small room looked smaller, the bathroom claustrophobic and the lone lift whose sign said 3 people but was more apt for 2 tinier and tinier. We had a triple room, which was practically a double room with a third bed thrown in which meant about nine inches of walking space on the three sides around the beds. The wardrobe's size was laughable, we just used the two small shelves to store our used clothes. Lost count of the number of times we bumped into our own luggage, one plug point next to a rickety side cum dressing cum coffee table. Encountered the most disinterested receptionist we have ever met in our travels. We complained that the bathroom lock isn't working, he said he will get it checked but it wasn't fixed for the next six days.

The bathroom has a story all it's own. The water came in a trickle so you can miss trains while waiting for warm water to arrive. And no guarantees even when you have spent 15 minutes fine tuning the taps to get your optimum temperature, someone flushing a toilet 3 stories up can mean you getting scalded by burning hot water.

We learnt our lessons, a good hotel which is upto your expectations is a must, no matter how little time you plan to spend in it. Coming back to dirty sheets and half heartedly cleaned room day after day takes its toll. This hotel is cheap, but the money one saves is not worth the discomfort.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family