“Close to the mains atractions, elevator out of service”

Residence Cosy's Cadet
Ranked #751 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed with my wife and son (1 year old) for three nights. The room was spacious with compact kitchen and cleanned ecery day (except the kitchen that is supposed to be cleanned by the gest). The hotel is next to the subway station, close to the galeries lafayette and opera garnier, and the staffs were there whenever I needed. The elevator wasn't work in anyone day there I stayed and i had to carry all the luggages and stroller by myself, particulary the stroller everyday. The conditionating ar was out of service in the first day, but after I claimed, it worked. There was not luxury, not big deals, but for short staying with a family is enough.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marcioxes

Reviewed 8 August 2013

It's in a great location, the staff was amazing, it had everything we needed except for separate bedrooms! We thought we booked a two bedroom. There were two bedroom areas, but no walls. Otherwise, it was perfect! Clean, air-conditioned, quiet, stress-free!!! The staff was very helpful and cheery. Everyone working there offered anything they could to make our stay more enjoyable. Overall, we loved it!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The hotel doesn't look much aesthetically, but it's a very clean, simply laid-out aparthotel with an awful lot of space. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and made everything very easy. The location is fantastic, with a metro station (Cadet) just a few hundred metres away and easy access within 15-20 minutes (all told) to the majority of Parisian sights. The Boulevard Montmarte is just around the corner, with the renowned Folies Bergeres and its charms. The hotel offered free wi-fi and air-con/heating which was very useful with the cold weather.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cglover9
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We have stayed in a lot of hotels, in a lot of countries including our own. Some hotels have been good, some great, some really terrible, but this hotel and the rooms it offers is the best value for money and has had the best service we have ever had!!! We have stayed at a few more upmarket hotels with swanky rooms finished to a high spec, but we have paid for the privilege and had a lovely experience, but this hotel provided what every hotel should, a spacious (one could say grand for Paris) room with a large comfortable bed, a sitting area with comfortable sofa, a dining area where you can sit and play games or cards, and eat a nice meal you have cooked yourself in the small but functional kitchen if that is what you want to do!! This hotel offers more than just a room it is a suite, with the lot, the bathroom is a full bathroom with bath, shower in the bath, his and hers basins and a lovely towel warming rack so you have nice warm fresh towels when you shower, the toilet is separate.
The rooms are the best value we have ever had but the hotel is not just good rooms, the service that we have received here is second to none especially from a very happy friendly young man Yuri, who has made our stay here exceptional and one we will always remember very fondly. We have always been greeted with smiles and pleasant conversation, he has always been a wealth of local knowledge offering information about local attractions and how best to make the most of them. We had a small problem with working out our air con and Yuri came to our room to set it all up for us with smiles and courtesy all the time. Our time here at this hotel has been a wonderful experience. I should also mention that our tariff included breakfast, which was the usual for French hotels, a continental breakfast.
This is a pretty good location too, we have been walking everywhere, but we wanted the experience of really seeing Paris so that is how we have done it, but there is a Metro close by for those who want to take public transport or once you have walked to the main access roads like La Fayette which is not far, there are buses, of course there are taxis as well and the staff at the desk are always happy to get one for you.
I have been trying to think of a downside to this hotel and I am having trouble, perhaps I should mention that you can sometimes here other guests moving around, but that would have to be the only thing.
In all we have no hesitation in recommending this hotel!!
Thank you Yuri for being a wonderful host for our Paris Visit.

Room Tip: There are plenty of restaurants, bars and cafes all around this area and you can get a drink or food...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet B
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I booked this on Hotwire and was promised a 4 Star hotel in the Opera area. I didn't get that but Cosy's comes fairly close on both counts.
I'm not sure why it's a 4 Star hotel. The room's are spacious, nicely decorated and clean. The staff are friendly. There is free Wi-Fi. However, there are no other facilities. You can get breakfast but we didn't bother as there are so many other options nearby.
The location is very good, a few steps away from Cadet metro station and close to many bars and restaurants. A 10 minute walk will get you to the theatres and nightlife including La Follie Bergere.

Would I have chosen Cosy's if I hadn't booked through Hotwire? Probably not! Would I stay here again? Maybe, although I'd like to see what else I could find for a similar price first.

1  Thank Sandgr0wn
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I booked this via Hotwire so I actually didn't know where I was going before I confirmed, however Hotwire assured me of a hotel in the Opera district of Paris for 1 adult and 2 children (aged 13 and 14).

When I arrived I wasn't overly impressed by the look of the building - quite modern but not in a contemporary way - more like a governmental office building. However, the welcome we received from the manageress won me over completely. She was absolutely fantastic and couldn't do enough for us. We were upgraded to a 2 bed apt, which was spacious and had everything we needed. I would recommend this to families with children of all ages.

The rooms are open plan, so there aren't doors on the bedrooms.

It isn't romantic or glamorous, but when travelling with kids, that's the last thing on your mind!

It is located near Cadet metro station, 25-30 mins walk to the Louvre, 15-20 mins walk to Sacre Coure, 15-20 mins walk from Gard du Nord.

We didn't eat in the hotel, but we saw breakfast being served.

One downside - there was a particularly noisy guest above us, so issue with sound...

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Great find for travelling with kids who struggle with small hotel rooms. No restaurant but who needs one with bistros on the doorstep and a kitchen you can use for young fussy eaters who need snacks at odd times. Our room was more like a small apartment, newly refurbished - more IKEA than 5 star marble, but clean and with everything we needed. And the bonus - we could pay with avois points. Will definitely use again. We found the staff welcoming and friendly. The breakfast was basic but with great boulangeries on the doorstep it didn't matter in the least.

• Stayed: July 2013