“What an experience! ”

Price range: US$85 - US$329
Neighbourhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Neighbourhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dinner with Jean-Yves. You can really see the passion Jean-Yves has for his craft, and the food quality and taste is exceptional. I don’t eat certain meats and Jean-Yves made me a delicious tofu main course with the same seasonings as everyone else’s dish. Would highly recommend!

1  Thank lauren o

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

One of the best Macaron classes I have had. He explains minute details about every steps to follow to perfection the macaroons in the best simple way..
His hospitality was great I totally enjoyed the class (turned out to be a private one for me )

The taste of the cream is still lingering on my tongue even after a month..
A must take class whilst you are in Paris and trust me you totally love it..

Thank you so much for giving such an amazing dream come true class

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed our meal here, JeanYves passion for food shows in every dish. Amazing dining experience and highly recommended experience even if you have a short amount of time in the city, try it out!

2  Thank spinningphotography
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

It’s a fun experience eating at Jean’s home at his kitchen table, however we were underwhelmed by the food given the price point. Despite being underwhelmed, the food is well plated and consisted of French and southeast Asian flavors. Jean’s home is exquisite and the dining room is beautiful. Both Jean and the sous-chef are pleasant, do an excellent job of presentation, and are attentive servers.

Be aware the experience will be impacted by who else happens to join for the evening. We had 9 people total (max seating appears to be about 10), several guests seemed to have “pre-partied” and were a bit obnoxious. Eating with strangers is of course part of the charm but carries risks. Our table was overwhelmingly from the USA, which was not surprising given Jean’s ranking on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

This was one of the best meals I've ever had. Chef Jean-Yves has created a warm, welcoming space. While the food is upscale and definitely fine dining, he isn't pretentious. I can't even pick a single highlight of the meal because everything was so good. We also loved getting to talk with the other guests at the dinner. We will definitely come back again the next time we are in Paris.

1  Thank amalance