“Leo Burnett Advertising Meeting”
Review of Hotel Banke

Hotel Banke
Ranked #275 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Chicago, Illinois
“Leo Burnett Advertising Meeting”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I can't say enough GREAT things about the staff and the Hotel Banke in Paris overall. The staff was very friendly, attentive and accommodating. The FOOD (we ate all of our breakfasts/lunches in the hotel for 5 days) was EXCELLENT. The lobby was exquisite and the lobby bar staff was also very friendly and hard working. I would HIGHLY recommend staying here, whether for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: I stayed on the busy street, and even there, when windows were closed, you couldn't hear anythin...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RosalieGeier
DireccionDerbyHotels, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Banke, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you really much for your comment.

It makes us really happy and give a good energy to pushed us to be better every day.

We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay and we keep a really good memory of you.

Sincerely yours

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was in Paris for a business trip and was booked here by the client. Having been to Paris many times, I was interested to stay in a new place.

The staff were all very helpful and, having had a delayed flight and an early start, I was excited to get upgraded. The only sad part was that with just a short time, I felt like I wasn't really able to take advantage of the luxury of the room or the services, like the bar, as it looked very nice.

My only suggestion was that, even though I was not directly next to it, I could clearly hear the "ding" from the elevator arriving/doors opening. I propose that this be made MUCH softer or removed altogether. The sound from the doors opening should be enough.

I hope to go back another time and take better advantage!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Mlada Boleslav, Czech Republic
Reviewed 1 June 2014

after a long time we have got into hotel where was very friendly staff and looked after as always with a smile on their face. Very nice and luxury accomodation which we haven't used for 100% suxh as laundry, fitness, spa etc. Close to the centre and metro. We recommend this hotel and its staff very much.

Vit and Natalia

Room Tip: we had a delux room and it was what we expected. Advice to search hotel websites.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
DireccionDerbyHotels, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Banke, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for taking some time to share your experience.

I m pleased that you really had a pleasant time.

The whole team of the hotel thank you and we stay at your entire disposal.

Trinidad
Reviewed 28 May 2014

On arrival at this hotel we were greeted by the doorman who was very welcoming. I arrived early and was able to get the room way before check in and was also upgraded to a very spacious, very trendy room. ALL of the staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. I cant stress enough how nice the staff was to us, everyone, i cant remember all of their names but Lucie the concierge was extremely helpful and patient. She booked all our dinners and shows and advise us well about timing etc. The location is also perfect, walking distance to everything and lots of cafes around for breakfast ( real French style),close to the trendy department stores, pharmcies, grocery etc.
My stay at this hotel was very comfortable and happy. I will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for taking some time to write a comment.

Our duty is to satisfy you and we do our best to make your stay more easy.

Again, thank you very much.

I am at your disposal if you need anything : eperello@derbyhotels.com

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 May 2014

On arrival at the hotel late in the evening after travelling from NZ I was shown to a gorgeous, spacious room only to find one bed when I had booked 2 as I had my niece joining me in a day or two. I pointed this out and the problem was solved immediately and I was moved to another room that was also gorgeous and spacious. I loved the breakfast set up, food and service and in fact overall the service was great throughout the hotel. Things that could have gone better were that it would have been good to have an iron and ironing board and for my key card to stop locking me out of the room. The location was great for shopping and very close to Galeries Lafayette. I would definitely stay again when I'm in Paris next. It's worth just stopping in to view the fantastic foyer!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comment.

We take all demand with consideration and we find always an immediately issue.

Please, be sure that we are taking a good note about your recommendation.

Dear guest, I am at your disposal

Gothenburg
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is a really weird place. Owners have invested huge amounts in design and expensive shampoo in the room but have forgotten the essentials. I arrived around 7 pm and the only single rooms they could offer me were 10 m2 and didn't have functioning AC. The nice guy at the reception really tried to help but apparently they were fully booked. I called another hotel, found a room but the folks at Banke Hotel could not offer me a refund since I had booked with Hotels.com... Spend 1.5 hours calling to Expedia and discussing with the guys at the reception. Finally they got me a tiny room with AC. I must say that the poor person at the reception was very nice. Just completely blocked by the hotel's silly rules. Here are some other things that management should think about a) drop the expensive shampoo in the room. Instead offer guests 2-3 complementary bottles of water. b) irons without steam DONT make shirts look nice - please change what you have c) you're a 4 star hotel, take a look at your breakfast offering. You just can't make sunny-side eggs soaked in butter/oil. In general, revisit the entire breakfast concept. All it takes is a week-end at decent 4 star in Bangkok or similar. d) get hooks/hangers for towels in the bathrooms e) revisit the acoustics in the lobby. When you have people in the bar, which is great, the space is complete mess in terms of noise.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alox
DireccionDerbyHotels, Front Office Manager at Hotel Banke, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel with Tripadvisor.

We would like to inform you that the single room you booked is a 20 sqm which is more that the average Parisian single room size.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the unfortunate incident you experienced upon arrival. Unfortunately, the single room you booked had an expected air conditioning problem. Our reception staff, together with assistance of our technical department, did everything possible to fixe the issue. We apologize as we were unable to resolve what it was a major technical problem.

We were indeed fully booked that night but we finally were able to upgrade you to a double superior room. I hope you appreciated the bottle of wine that we sent you up to the room that night as a gesture of our goodwill.

We take well note of all your suggestions and ideas of improvement regarding our iron facilities and the complimentary water offer.

I am very surprised you did not enjoy our breakfast as it is very much appreciated by our guest as you can see on many other travel reviews on this site. However we take very good note of your comments in order to keep improving our service.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of further assistance, it would be a pleasure to welcoming you back and take personally care of your reservation and stay.

Kind regards,

Nuria Vicente
Front Office Manager
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I was so excited to stay here after looking at the website. Initially when we arrived, I was impressed.
The staff is extremely friendly and welcoming. The interior of the common spaces is unique, fun and well done.

Cons: The room was extremely small, even by Paris standards. There are no drawers so don't plan on completely unpacking. There's no room.
There is no coffee maker in the room which we have always had in every hotel. One morning we ordered coffee and it arrived barely warm, only about a shot of coffee in the cup and was 9 euros.
There's no iron and ironing board in the room. They'll be happy to press your clothes for you-for a high price.
The room was clean but the carpet was filthy-stained, worn and felt dirty on our feet.
The topper was that we decided to have a beer in the lounge after dinner and a RAT ran from the bar to the wall and back. We mentioned it to the bar tender and he said, " They're everywhere in Paris, Madame." Yikes!
We moved to another hotel the next day.
I had such high hopes....

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jrae222
DireccionDerbyHotels, General Manager at Hotel Banke, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am afraid I am quite surprised by your insinuations, since we do follow extremely strict procedures and measures to avoid that situations like such as described on your review take place in our property.

I have not so far found the details of your stay. It is a real shame that serious comments and accusations like yours are made anonymously with the only purpose of damaging the image of our hotel.

I indeed remain at your entire disposal if you wish to personally discuss this matter.

Yours faithfully,