“They discriminate against people.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Max

Cafe Max
Ranked #7,767 of 16,870 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
san francisco
“They discriminate against people.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2008

Last week I was traveling alone through Paris and decided to try Café Max based on good reviews on my Paris Travel Book.

When I got there I was met by a man who I believe was the owner.

It was lunch time on a raining day and the place was empty, except for 2 tables that were occupied and one of them was just being seated. In french I asked for a table for one. The man looked me top to bottom a couple times and said in French: "For you, all the tables are reserved."

I was in shock. I'm not a bum, I'm a 32 yo professional woman and I was treated like trash by this very rude man. I just walked away from this place completely sad and angry. He could have said anything as an excuse not to seat me. But he chose his words well. He made sure I knew he was discriminating against me and that is what saddened me the most.

I really don't know what to think. Did he do that because I was american? Because I was alone? Because I didn't look like I had money? I'm not sure.

But if you believe that people should not be treated this way:
DO NOT GO TO THIS RESTAURANT!!

Thanks.