“Good, reasonably priced hotel”
Review of FIAP Jean Monnet

FIAP Jean Monnet
Ranked #33 of 178 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Reviewed 22 July 2014

For Paris, the hotel is very reasonably priced. Our double room was utilitarian, with insuite toilet and shower. The two beds were completely separate, the room was very clean, and there were clean towels for us both. I had a problem that the bed linen kept sliding off the bed, but my wife slept very well. The breakfast was good and one could get refills on the coffee. It is located near to two metro stops (on the same line). It is a good choice for a good, no-frills room reasonably priced. There is a nice bar in the foyer. The service at the reception was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alvinjoel
Guillaume M, Responsable commercial at FIAP Jean Monnet, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for your kind message and we hope to welcome you soon In Paris

There are newer reviews for FIAP Jean Monnet

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I hope as a coach driver you never have to come here. Anything bigger than a 10m and it's virtually impossible to navigate round. As a customer, the staff are surly, rude and obnoxious, meals finish at half eight at night and eight thirty one is too late even if you've had to go park elsewhere and have informed them you'll be late. The rooms are worse than basic. Twin room I'm in is 2 camp beds, no drink facility and no TV. In 10 years of driving coaches this is the worst accommodation I have been in, and I've been in some dives.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
14  Thank labrat64
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed here with a group of 38 people from school. I loved it was very clean and rooms were a good size. Each got our own key which was great. It's very soundproof although the stairs are loud so if your going to sneak out don't go down them. Food was eh, moldy pizza ew. The service was a little poor. But defs a go id place to have a nice cosy clean room

Room Tip: Higher floors ex level 6&5 are easier to interact with others
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Good location, very close to Glacière metro stop. Visited with a school party of fifty 13 year olds. Plus points were: great shower; coach parking outside; good packed lunch for final day. The only real negative was that we were all spread around a bit ie interspersed with students from other schools and on different floors. My room was on the third floor and there were lots of primary school kids who were adorable but went to bed very early and I felt I had to quieten down my thirteen year olds by 10pm - really tricky. I also had a phone call from reception at 12.30am, asking if I could go and ask one of the rooms from my school to be quiet. It transpired that it was the room next door who were noisy! Completely different school! Quel dommage! If I visited again, I would ask for an exclusive corridor!! Food was fine!

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Marion R
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We are the teachers in charge of the group of students that were lodged in the FIAP the previous week. We were a group of 238 students this year and we have been coming with similar groups of students for almost 30 years, always staying for one week in FIAP Jean Monet. I must say that we HAVE NEVER HAD any problem with the service, security, cleaning or staff with the Fiap. We consider this place completely reliable and that is the reason why we have been booking this place for, as I said before, more than 30 years.
We completely disagree with the appreciations of the former client, and we strongly recommend this place if you need to stay in Paris: we have always been welcomed there and enjoyed the place very much. We have already booked the place for next year, for again a group of 250 students.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
15  Thank Ravetllat P
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The FIAP Jean Monnet is basic and tired - if it were a person from the outside I'd prescribe it medication. Inside is a similar story, it's not exactly cutting edge. It is, at the end of the day, accomodation for school trips - if you're a honey-mooning couple I urge you to look elsewhere.
I'll start by mentioning some of the good features of the hotel. The walls are made of a very sound proof material - you shouldn't have much trouble sleeping if there aren't 14 year old Brazilians knocking on your door at 10pm. The staff are friendly and willing to help, as you'd expect - but it's harder than you think to find this kind of staff nowadays. Lastly, the location is very good, with just a 20 minute metro trip to the Notre Dam area and about 25-30 to the eiffel tower. The local station - Glaciere - is about 5 minutes walk away.
The drawbacks of this hotel, nevertheless, are equally bountiful. Above all, the food. On the first night, my plate was adorned with a steak so undercooked that a skilled vet could have saved it. The rest of my 3 nights were equally unimpressive, given Paris' reputation as a culinary icon, with bits of undercooked chicken here and there with pork 50% rind. Desserts, I will say, were excellent, despite being largely pre-made. The rooms, albeit they are spacious , equipped with many plugs and allow lots of light in from a somewhat-skyline view, are reminiscent of a Moroccan prison, with a fan in the toilet with what looked like a host of undiscovered bacterial life clinging to it. No soap provided in the bathroom, which is something you might find yourself needing when you see for yourself. If you're a student, however, you'll be unphased, but there's of course a breed or three of travelers who will find the FJM as agreeable as red wine with fish. The local 'offy' for those South Londeners visiting, named "A deux pas", is well stocked and quite cheap compared to the rest of Parisian food outlets, but whatever you do don't work there.
When departing, don't leave a small amount of time to get to Gare du Nord - the passport safe doesn't empty itself in a hurry.
NB.
Floor 8.
If you find yourself coming back from the town at 1am, stepping in the lift, seeing the array of floors to choose from, I dare you to press 8. Step out, walk up and down the corridor, and go back in the lift. If you weren't before, you'll be a man after. That floor is some terrifying stuff. See for yourself.

Room Tip: Try and choose a high floor for a nice view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ollie T
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Love the hotel staff great very helpful. Came with a large party of 18 year olds. Food good bar great clean well organised nice area. Parking for coaches on the Main Street nearby and a good drop off point out front. The whole experience was excellent. Lots to all floors and very helpful lobby with lots of information and basics for sale. Returning next year.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business