“If you're out of options”
Review of FIAP Jean Monnet

FIAP Jean Monnet
Ranked #34 of 181 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Reviewed 24 July 2014

While this was not the absolute worse place I have ever stayed in my travels in Europe, I would not recommend it. Honestly the rooms were clean and the maid staff were always sweet. The rest of the staff were rude and often not very helpful. The "food" is barely edible on most days and if you have any dietary restrictions like even as simple as hey I don't want that enormous still bleeding steak on top of my cous cous, can I please just get the cous cous? I was, on more than one occasion, shooed away with a "that's not possible". While my french is not fluent, I did politely make an effort and was disappointed when I was treated rudely because of a mispronunciation. Also the wifi is pretty much nonexistent despite the fact they say it's free. It works in the lobby most of the time but very rarely in the rooms and when it does, it's at least a 5 minute battle to get it to connect. There are nicer hotels in this same area for a comparable prices

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nola37
Guillaume M, Responsable commercial at FIAP Jean Monnet, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for having taken the time to give us a feed-back about your stay at the FIAP.
We apologize for the rude attitude of the cooking staff, we have the feeling, reading your post it was a problem of misunderstanding. Some of our clients are vegeterians, and our staff is used to serve plates with vegetables only. But once again we apologize and we will forward your comments to the manager of the restaurant.
Concerning the WIFI we have unfortunately encountered some technical problems during the last weeks, which have since been solved

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My daughter spent in this residence for almost a month, when she was a student at school Paris Langues. Very convenient that the school is in the same building of the residence.
Rooms simple but clean and comfortable. My daughter lived in a room for two students. In the room there is no TV, but free WiFi ( sometimes on weekends and late at night does not work). Comfortable bathroom with hair dryer.
My daughter is a vegetarian and it was a small selection of food in the restaurant residence. Basically, she ate salads, rice and potatoes)) . Not entirely clear system of payment for food - issued card and with it comes the writing-off of money as meals ( half Board) is already included in the price. Usually the cost of lunch or dinner ( vegetables and rice or potatoes) was about 12 Euro, which is not so cheap, but not so much for Paris.
The cost of accommodation with half-Board for students of the school of Paris Langues 55 Euro per day, which is very, very good for Paris!
The area where the residence, quiet and safe.
I can recommend a stay in this house for young people.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Guillaume M, Responsable commercial at FIAP Jean Monnet, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Добрый день,

Thank you for your very positive post about FIAP and the French School Paris Langue. it is true that it is very convinient for students to get the school and the accommodation in the same building.
Regarding meals, at the arrival each student get a card with a credit of 12€ per day; this amount correspond more or less to a three courses menu with a drink. when they use the card at the restaurant students are charged only for what they order . The card can be used either for the lunch or the diner.
Hope to welcome you soon at FIAP

Reviewed 22 July 2014

For Paris, the hotel is very reasonably priced. Our double room was utilitarian, with insuite toilet and shower. The two beds were completely separate, the room was very clean, and there were clean towels for us both. I had a problem that the bed linen kept sliding off the bed, but my wife slept very well. The breakfast was good and one could get refills on the coffee. It is located near to two metro stops (on the same line). It is a good choice for a good, no-frills room reasonably priced. There is a nice bar in the foyer. The service at the reception was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alvinjoel

Thank you for your kind message and we hope to welcome you soon In Paris

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I hope as a coach driver you never have to come here. Anything bigger than a 10m and it's virtually impossible to navigate round. As a customer, the staff are surly, rude and obnoxious, meals finish at half eight at night and eight thirty one is too late even if you've had to go park elsewhere and have informed them you'll be late. The rooms are worse than basic. Twin room I'm in is 2 camp beds, no drink facility and no TV. In 10 years of driving coaches this is the worst accommodation I have been in, and I've been in some dives.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
14  Thank labrat64
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed here with a group of 38 people from school. I loved it was very clean and rooms were a good size. Each got our own key which was great. It's very soundproof although the stairs are loud so if your going to sneak out don't go down them. Food was eh, moldy pizza ew. The service was a little poor. But defs a go id place to have a nice cosy clean room

Room Tip: Higher floors ex level 6&5 are easier to interact with others
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Good location, very close to Glacière metro stop. Visited with a school party of fifty 13 year olds. Plus points were: great shower; coach parking outside; good packed lunch for final day. The only real negative was that we were all spread around a bit ie interspersed with students from other schools and on different floors. My room was on the third floor and there were lots of primary school kids who were adorable but went to bed very early and I felt I had to quieten down my thirteen year olds by 10pm - really tricky. I also had a phone call from reception at 12.30am, asking if I could go and ask one of the rooms from my school to be quiet. It transpired that it was the room next door who were noisy! Completely different school! Quel dommage! If I visited again, I would ask for an exclusive corridor!! Food was fine!

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Marion R
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We are the teachers in charge of the group of students that were lodged in the FIAP the previous week. We were a group of 238 students this year and we have been coming with similar groups of students for almost 30 years, always staying for one week in FIAP Jean Monet. I must say that we HAVE NEVER HAD any problem with the service, security, cleaning or staff with the Fiap. We consider this place completely reliable and that is the reason why we have been booking this place for, as I said before, more than 30 years.
We completely disagree with the appreciations of the former client, and we strongly recommend this place if you need to stay in Paris: we have always been welcomed there and enjoyed the place very much. We have already booked the place for next year, for again a group of 250 students.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business