“3 week holiday to UK”

Ranked #1,102 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“3 week holiday to UK”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

where do I start - arrived in Paris for the heat wave, couldn't find air con in room, apparently it was behind the door which we found out 2 days to late ( when I asked for a fan ), so had to sleep with window open with the noise of Paris. Breakfast was terrible, the worst on our trip, when food run out it was not replaced, even when I asked for more I was just looked at. Room average size but still on small side. Sorry would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Vicki H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Altus
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel was booked thru a travel agency at the end of a convention trip. I expected it to be old and quaint and it was! Our room was small but clean. Bath was old but adequate. We booked it for the historic value and location and did not spend much time in the room. I would have given it 3.5 stars if possible because I hesitate to call it very good but it was not average either! We enjoyed the breakfasts. It was different but if you want the same old thing go to the McDonalds around the corner ! We had to wait a long time for our transport to the hotel but it was fine going back. People were very friendly and helpful but if you ask if something is within walking distance be more specific...they walk a lot more than we do! All in all a memorable experience!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Carol T
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

First of all I booked for the experience of this being the historic home of Lautrec but no I got a room next door at conjoined hotel with no advise re this. The room was grubby but the heavily stained bed spread was revolting. The aspect that was most distressing was re booking of shuttle bus to airport. I paid my 22 euro deposit and had to pay the balance to the driver. The reception staff wrote the receipt and booked the shuttle. On the night it was late and I requested they ring the company to ensure it was in transit. This was done reluctantly and I was told they had no record of the booking and we're not going to pick me up. Catastrophic as it was the taxi strike day and peak hour . The reception staff said that was the last time they would use the company - Great !! But then added as they were always unreliable! Increasingly distressed as no taxi was forth coming I asked for my 22 euro back only to be told - no that had been paid to the company. A company that no record of my booking !!! I ended up walking down to the Main Street and grabbed a taxi doing a drop off ! I was late for my flight and am still very unhappy re the whole Lautrec experience re promoting a false experience of booking you to Lautrec's home knowing you will be allocated next door, dirty stained linen and then promoting known unreliable transport that leaves you significantly poorer!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank petrovia

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel is in a great location in the opera region of Paris and in a very quiet street.
The lady behind the desk was very helpful but the rooms are very small which is the only setback especially when you are staying for 5 days like I did.
The breakfast is average. Breakfast is between 6.30 and 10.00. The first morning I was there the hot breakfast was not served until 7.45, a bit late when I came down at 7 expecting eggs and nothing prepared.
Close to shops and restaurants.
If I returned to Paris stay in the same region but not in same.
Expensive hotel a night but you get only soap for toiletries and that is it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Teresa P
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I visited Paris after a lot of years for a business trip and I pick up this hotel for its location. The room and the bath was very small.The staff was very polite and ready to help you in everything at once. The breakfast was simple, nothing special, just o.k. Value for money ? I am not so sure, but generally Paris is an expensive city regarding Hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Yiannis A
Bendigo, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel 4 nights last week. Having been told to expect small room we were pleasantly surprised with a very spacious room on the 6th floor. Very clean, spacious en-suite with probably the best lighting ever in hotel bathroom. King size bed and 2 comfortable armchairs. Very noisy first night but World Cup Soccer was on and they were celebrating a win so understandable. Our only criticism would be that it would have been nice to be able to make a cuppa in our room. Staff were very frirndly and courteous, breakfast was good. Location was excellent.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nola43
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed in the former mariveaux section of the hotel for a week with family and friends. Great location as it is right around the corner from a metro station and it is easy enough to walk into the centre of Paris too if you don't mind the longer walk and want to have a look around. Galleries Lafayette is only about a 10 min walk away.

Had a mix up on the first night and ended up swapping rooms with the people we were traveling with to accommodate them with the required bed configuration. The room was tiny and not the cleanest. Thankfully we were moved the following day to a really large room on the top floor. The shower was terrible but at least we had space to store luggage and move around plus it was much quieter. Definitely try to get a top floor room if staying here!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends