“Comfortable Stay at a Hip Property”

Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
Ranked #164 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston
“Comfortable Stay at a Hip Property”
Reviewed 1 December 2011

My two fellow travelers and I spent four nights at the Renaissance and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Prior to our arrival, the hotel proactively contacted us to ask for our arrival time and any special requests. We did end up arriving before check-in and were set up with juice, coffee, and assorted pastries while we waited for our room. This was a very nice gesture after a long overnight flight.

Our room was on the third floor and featured soundproofed walls, two double beds, and 377 square feet. Even with three people in the room, we never felt cramped. The bathroom was also spacious, with a deep tub and modern fixtures. Our only complaint about the room was that the shower was slow to drain, a problem that a 5-star property shouldn't have.

The hotel left small gifts in the room each day: chocolates, little notebooks, a bottle of wine. We very much appreciated the extra touch.

We didn't try the hotel's restaurant, but we did consult the concierge for restaurant recommendations in the area. All staff members, from the bartenders to the porters to the front desk staff, were friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

The hotel is located in a sophisticated neighborhood on the Right Bank, in close proximity to the Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elysees, and Charles de Gaulle - Etoile Metro stop. While the immediate area is rather commercial and less charming than, say, the winding cobblestone streets of the Latin Quarter, extensive public transportation makes it easy to get anywhere in the city.

If you are looking for a clean and modern facility where your comfort will be guaranteed, the Renaissance is an excellent choice.

2 Thank UnworldlyTraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 30 November 2011

This was our second trip staying in Paris at a Marriott property, our first was a wonderful experience at the Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel . The Arc de Triomphe property is just that a "Triomphe" The staff from the front door to the room service was proud of their hotel and made us feel like old friends... The decor is top notch, rooms are amazing with state of the art electronics, TV, bath.. you name it .. this is a 5 star experience. The breakfast and dinners were also amazing.. We were upgraded to a Paris view room with a balconly, what a treat... ( Thank you Marianne...you are a gem) .. Each morning to evening the views were priceless... Location is the best... 2 minutes either way to metro.. 2-3 minutes to the Arc de Triomphe.. What can we say, expect that Stela and I are already planning a Fall trip back to Paris, and we will be making our stay at your property. Once again thank you to all .. you have a special property in a special city, and made our stay a memory we will cherish. Till the fall! Cheers... Tom and Stella

Room Tip: Paris view rooms are amazing!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TNSA
Philadelphia
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My 17 year old daughter and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while in Paris last week. I had started the week at the Intercontinental Le Grand, and this was a totally different experience. It really depends on what type of hotel you enjoy in Europe - one that is super modern, glass, steel, top notch electronics or one that is more "traditional" old school French/French Provincial. The Renaissance is the former. Internet worked, flat screen tv, shower was a "rain shower" head (which after a barely working horrible shower at the Intercontinental, was a God send), Iphone/computer chargers/plugs. Was approximatelyy 3 blocks from the Arc de Triumph metro station, and just off the Champs Elysee. Stayed here with Marriott points, and free breakfast since we are Platinum members, so cannot comment on price versus value for room or food. Only ate breakfast there, and the buffet was excellent, with "American" coffee available. The only negative I have to say is about the knowledge of the front desk personnel. I had my Iphone stolen after being surrounded by a group of teenagers/thieves near the Louvre and they had very little interest/knowledge in helping me contact or visit the police to file a police report (which I needed to file an insurance claim). The regular front desk people claimed they had no idea what to do/who to contact, and the concierge gave me wrong information as to what time the police station opened in the morning (she told me 8 am when it was 9 am) when I was already on a very tight time line to get to the airport for a departing flight. They did help me call AT&T to cancel my phone/data service, after I gave them to website info.

1 Thank edsatty
west midlands
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We took our 10, 7 and 4 yr old. Stayed in double queen room with a rollaway bed, to sleep 5. Not many hotels do this. Had breakfast at Starbucks up the road as 28 Euro per person, is a bit steep. I would agree with previous reviews about location and comfort. Cost 45 euros for 5 to travel from CDG to Arc de Triomphe metro via train, cost 50 Euro for taxi back to CDG!

Would definitely use again, and children loved it

Room Tip: We had one over looking Avenue de Wagram. Much better than rooms with a balcony, overlooking dirty b...
1 Thank ompom
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 27 November 2011

My family of three stayed last summer. I chose this hotel because it was new and had two queen beds in one hotel room, which is hard to find in most european hotels. Check in was speedy and we did get a room facing the street which I requested. The room was clean and modern. We were on the second floor and could hear some traffic noise. The location was fairly good, but very touristy being off the Champs Elysee. We did have to wait for our room to be cleaned until late in the day. If we came back from sightseeing and wanted to relax, I would just have the maid take the trash out and give us new towels. Concierage was very helpful giving us information and getting us a taxi etc.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room facing the back on a higher floor would be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 November 2011

This was the second year in a row I've stayed at this property over Thanksgiving...both stays on points with Platinum Marriot members.

In general, the hotel is in a phenomenal location - 2 blocks from the Arc de Triomphe; in between 2 different Metro lines and several blocks over from the Champs. (For those flying in to CDG, the Air France bus (Les Cars Air France), stops 2 - 3 blocks up and one street over - with limited luggage it would be a very manageabe walk...having said that - we took cabs from and to the airport - early saturday am in and around 3:00 on friday returning and both fares - with and without traffic - were right around 40 euros...I believe the bus is 19 each way...there were two of us so for the extra euro? I like the cab myself)

The rooms are very contemporary and very clean - they do show a bit of wear since last year but nothing overt (scuff marks here and there, a bit of peeling paint on the ceiling in the bathroom). The breakfast buffet (included with Marriott status) has not changed at all and that is fine - eggs, bacon, sausage, several types of coffee, fruits and breads - free? It's a great deal...for 28 euros? eh...

Why do I say this was almost as good as the last stay? We got off to a little bit of a rocky start - while the hotel staff was very accomodating in checking us in to our room at 10.30 am (vs. 3.00 pm ck in) - it took 3 phone calls and personal trip downstairs to get our luggage delivered over an hour later...things do happen and we were perhaps a wee bit grumpy from the traveling to get there...so I consider it a wash but I was a little disappointed with that...

Having said that - I have absolutely no other complaints about our stay there (and if you read the review on my Bellagion stay in Vegas a couple of weeks ago - I will say it!) The staff is wonderful and accomodating - the concierge's are truly helpful. If you reference my review from last year you will see my glowing reference to the Bosch espresso machine in the room - sadly - unbeknownst to me that was an upgraded room; while the room we were in had a kettle with instant coffees provided, it was not the Bosch and I missed it!

I highly recommend a stay at the Renaissance - you cannot beat the location, cleanliness and friendliness of the staff! I would stay there again....

Room Tip: I love the rooms with balconies - it's wonderful to step outside and see Paris...I believe some...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
milwaukee
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I stayed at several hotels on a recent visit to Paris - all 5 star properties. This was the best of the lot. The room was very spacious and quiet. Hard to believe for Paris, but true. Great bathroom and walk-in shower. Comfortable bed and chair. Even a little balcony. After several nights in cramped and often noisy quarters at other properties, this hotel was a breath of fresh air. If you are looking for the quintessential charming small Paris hotel experience, this isn't the place. Its a bigger chain hotel. But if you want a spacious, comfortable and modern room in a good location, you can't do much better than this for the price.

Other pluses - central location, easy acces to the metro stop, and friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back have balconies and are quieter.
Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple