“Amazing hotel!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

My partner and I returned from a 3 day stay here last week and we really couldn't fault the hotel.

The decor inside is amazing and the king bed in the room was the comfiest bed I have ever slept in!

We didn't eat in the hotel's restaurant because there were so many places to eat in Paris that we were spoilt for choice, but we did have a drink in the bar and saw others eating and the food looked great (a little pricey but that's Paris for you!)

A famous boy band were also staying at the hotel whilst we were there which must say something about the quality of the hotel! Security were always on the door keeping check of who entered the hotel and the staff were all very helpful.

The only negative thing about our stay, which really did frustrate me - On the 1st day we went for a wander around the shops, came back and a lady from reception looked at me strangely as we walked through the door, and then approached us to ask if everything was ok, we said yes and walked towards the lift to go up to our room. As we did so, she walked up to us again and said "I'm going to have to see some I.D from you" - So because we didn't look like the kind of people that would be staying at a 5 star hotel, she felt the need to make us feel stupid and question why we were there. She wasn't even polite about it either and I really wish I had've got her name so that I could issue a formal complaint.

Despite this, we will definitely be returning (hopefully we won't bump into that member of staff again!)

Room Tip: The king size beds are amazingly comfy!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kelsie L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I can't fault this hotel. I stayed here to attend IMCAS Paris and it didn't disappoint.

My room was modern, perfectly clean and comfortable. The staff was excellent and very accommodating. I had even asked for a last minute late check out as I was running for a meeting and had not had time to pack and they allowed me to check out at 1.30pm!

Breakfast was also very well delivered. I ordered breakfast to my room and was brought exactly within the requested time...and my omelette was cooked exactly the way I ordered it.

I must say that I was very impressed with the atmosphere, location and 'can do' attitude of the staff. I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ashaki V
Laura T, Responsable réception at Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Ashaki,
Thank you for the great review following your stay. I am glad you have enjoyed your room and the level of service and standards provided to you. I am honored to hear that you will recommend our Hotel. We look forward to having you again very soon!
With Best Regards, Laura
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Very chic, modern, and clean hotel in a fantastic location! Easy walk arc de triomph (3mins) and major metro stations. Breakfast buffet was excellent as was service. Concierge was very helpful in making reservations prior to our arrival (to coveted Frenchie restaurant) and gave us solid restaurant recommendations that turned out to be winners. Rooms were spacious by European standards. The sporting good store across the street came in handy when we needed to buy a backpack and comfortable walking shoes. Their prices were so low too!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank coast2city
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Checked in this morning.. Staff extremely helpful and resourceful! Props to Rashad.. Very friendly and ensured check in was breeze even though I came in early.
There was a loud party next door( some mag/glam shoot) where a boondoggle was going on till 6am. Partly annoying considering long sleepless night. Hope weekdays are not as bad.
Rooms are clean. Good enough for a business class. Close to metro and good eateries. Starbucks just a block down :)

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Against all the Odds and my own expectation, i was impressed with this hotel atmosphere and the skilled staff that spared nothing to ensure our enjoyment.

I recommend it for anyone who's looking to be in the heart of Paris but not to end up with a hefty bill.

Good rooms with decent space and lovely shower area along with a big breakfast to kick of the day in the right tune.

Room Tip: Get the Room that ends with X26 for extra space and lovely balcony.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Healdsburg, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed with family in December, 2013. Staff was very helpful, got a roll-away bed for our son, and made suggestions for parking our car that was less expensive than the Hotel. Ate breakfast, which has a very large selection, as well as items cooked to order. Room and bathroom were good sized and you could look down the street to the Arc de Triomphe.

Staff made a dinner suggestion nearby that was a very nice, very French little restaurant.
Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank timm5353
Laura T, Responsable réception at Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel, it is pleasure to read that it was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. It is the best tool we have to continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Looking forward to welcoming you back,

Sincerely,.
Denver, Colorado
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,226 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Loved our stay here. Our room overlooked a private courtyard & we could see the Eiffel Tower from our window.
Our room was spotless & quite nice. The hotel staff could not have been more professional or helpful. Recommend!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank denver60
Frédéric B, Director of operations at Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are delighted that your stay with the Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel was enjoyable.

All associates wish you an happy new year 2014 and hope to see you soon.
Sincerely