“Third time disappointing compared to other two visits”

Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
Ranked #158 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had two great visits and have written a great review of this hotel. Unfortunately this visit was not as good. First they checked me into a nice room at the back with a small balcony BUT it was right next to the noisy service elevator which really disturbed my sleep the first night - then they moved me to a room at the front with the big cool windows - so that was corrected. Then my frustrations related to little things that really make a difference and affect the overall value for money perceptions - first there was a post it note on the window of the bathroom offering you a 30% discount to their main restaurant. I kept the note and planned on using it my last morning for breakfast which of course is expensive since it's Paris. When i went to use it they told me that it was only valid for lunch or dinner. It you look at the really really small fine print at the bottom of the post it you can see the restriction. Instead of something nice it left me with a bad taste - so i went up the street to a McDonalds McCafe which has a great continental breakfast and coffee for a fraction of the cost with great service!. I also think they should provide guests with bottled water and not charge them such high prices for evian and finally i think all hotels which charge so much for their rooms should provide free internet. It feels like being gauged at this stage since internet is essential. the staff was nice and i would give the hotel another chance.

Room Tip: the front rooms with the floor to ceiling curved glass are really cool and unusual. - higher floor i...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Laura T, Responsable réception at Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest,
First of all I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our property.
I would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve only the highest level of quality, service and hospitality and I truly regret that we fell short on our goals.
I would like to extend my sincere apologies and highly appreciate your understanding.
Please contact me directly to 0033 1 55 37 55 37 when your travels bring you back to Paris.
I look forward to hearing from you and regain your trust.
Laura

Write a ReviewReviews (1,609)

Reviewed 23 May 2014

What makes this hotel special is that it adds to the enjoyment of your trip. More than a home base, this hotel strives to make your stay 2nd to none. The rooms are comfortable, nicely designed and well appointed. The restaurant, especially for breakfast, is exceptional as well. Fresh fruit, juice, breads. Finally, the concierges provided excellent guidance, made arrangement when possible and enhanced the trip. No matter what time of day or night, someone was always there to assist. By far the best hotels no matter the price and at the price a tremendous value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband stayed here May 6 - May 12, 2014. We were celebrating our 15th Wedding Anniversary. The Hotel gave us an upgrade to the 7th Floor, we had a bottle of wine and delicious macaroons waiting for us. The room was very big and comfortable with a small balcony that over looked the roof tops of Paris leading to the Financial district. We had a little trouble with the TV but the staff corrected it immediately. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, the "Navigator" desk was amazing, Khloe knows Paris inside out. She would provide us with directions to get to any location step by step with landmarks and all. We never got lost with her guiding there was also a male staff member that was just as good, sorry I didn't catch his name. The hotel provided us with an umbrella every day when we began our journey that was most convenient since it rained on and off and we forgot to bring one. The hotel provide free wifi but only in the lobby area. Our stay included a full breakfast that was very good with lots to chose from. The location of the hotel was amazing, entrance to the metro from either side that was easy to use, 5 minute walk to the Arc de Triomphe, two block from Le Champs de Elysse the location was just fabulous. For my husband and I, were we stay makes or breaks our trip and this hotel was just amazing and made our trip amazing. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 711, it was perfect!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CARI41

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this review.
I am glad that your stay at the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe was enjoyable and I am honored to read that you would recommend our hotel.
I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone on our team.
We truly look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Paris!

Laura

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights recently, had one Junior Suite and 1 Deluxe room. Junior suite was very nice, Bulgari bath products and spacious room. Not so great of a view but frankly I dont really care about a view as we are not in the room that often. Deluxe room was also nice and well appointed. Hotel has a fantastic location just 3 blocks from the Arc de Triompe and the Champs with its shopping and restaurants. Antoine at the conceriege desk provided outstanding dinner reccomendations. I really have to say out of all the Marriott properties in Paris this has to be my favorite. Great decor, outstanding and friendly staff, could not be happier about our stay here.

Room Tip: Junior Suite was very large, but does not have a bathtub, only shower.
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My family of four and I stayed here for two nights while in Paris. This was the best hotel we stayed at while traveling for 10 days in Europe. The service checking in was great. The room was perfect, clean, and safe. The room service was fantastic and the menu offered "soy" milk, which was perfect for a vegan family! Next time we head to Paris, we will return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Laura T, Responsable réception at Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review following your stay.
It is a such a pleasure for us to read such a title!!!!
The entire team of the Renaissance Paris Arc de triomphe thanks you for your kind words and looks forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Laura T.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our room was on the 8th floor facing the arc, tower and Sacre Coeur. Private balcony, wall to wall windows, great air conditioning, bathroom, comfy bed (queen size) but it was much larger than the queen size mattresses in the USA. We did not hear any road noise...at all... so not sure why some of the reviews indicated that they heard a lot of street noise. The bar in the lobby was fantastic. The location was magnificent. The ATM is right across from the hotel and we walked to all of the restaurants. Safe location and the staff always helped us with taxis. Stay up until midnight because the tower begins its' sparkling routine. Fantastic!

Room Tip: 8th floor with balcony facing the road!
1  Thank Jayne S
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Modern clean hotel with excellent staff all around. We had a pleasant 7 night stay in April as part of spring break and my mothers 80th birthday. She was delightfully surprised by the bottle of champagne, macarons and the sweet letter, very nice gesture! The day of our arrival, we had a late lunch at the restaurant and the food was very tasteful. I chose this hotel based on location and also having family size rooms ,our expectation were met. I would stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Laura T, Responsable réception at Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear guest,

We very fortunate to have such good coments like yours and we thank you for that.

Birthdays are always a special occasion and I am happy to hear that your mother enjoyed our little gifts specially made for her!

Thank you again for your wonderful feedback.

Laura Termens