“great staff, cold water”

Hotel Sublim Eiffel
Ranked #1,000 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 13 July 2013

staff are very supportive and positive. Sound proofing works well in room -- so despite being opposite the metro, no noise came through. the rooms are small -- and if you like neon green and 70s disco, you'll appreciate the decor style. However if you like hot water, toss for who takes the first shower -- the second person in our experience will have to have a cold shower as they seem to have tiny boilers

Room Tip: pick your neon colour
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 July 2013

The location of the hotel is good - we walked to the eiffel tower in 20 minutes, and we also got a taxi to the area which was prebooked by the receptionist for 15 euros.

The room itself was a tad 'worn down'. The skirting boards were scuffed in areas and paint was coming off them - plaster was peeling from the wall in the wardrobe (clearly visible from the bed). In addition to this, we were right next to the metro station, although you couldn't hear a great deal, there was still that slight noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the eiffel tower.
1  Thank Julian D
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The location was good. Rooms were clean. Good view of the Eiffel too.
But service wise was bad.. Or minimal I'd say.
The front desk guy doesn't help u at all with the luggages, just points you the direction of the lift..
We were also left to freeze with the homeless guy outside the hotel one night when we got back just after midnight. Buzzed the front door about thirty times - the response from the hotel staff who appeared 20min after was:"patienceeeee Madame, patience!" No apologies whatsoever.
But apart from these, location and view of Eiffel made up for it.

1  Thank Atoylet
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Doesn't look like much from outside and I would have thought there would have bee a larger bar/lounge area but the room was amazing.
The bed was huge and very comfortable, we had a view of the metro but was still nice to have a small balcony. The doors block out ALL sound, we couldn't hear a thing when the doors were shut. The shower was amazing, heated towel rack, multi head shower, and air con, just lovely in general. Tv and free wifi, along with an Ipod dock, ours didn't work however.
Would recommend if you have the budget for it, we only stayed one night as a treat as we stayed in a budget hotel for the rest of our stay.
It is pricey but it's certainly worth it if you have the cash, great location metro only a few steps outside and you can get anywhere or even a short walk to the Eiffel tower.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have recently come back from Paris and this hotel was one of the highlights of the trip. Its very quirky but this is done in a nice way and it make you want to go back to your hotel. There is an attention to detail from the wallpapers of the eiffel tower to the carpets which are maps of the paris street. If you were to have a shower in your room, make sure that your not shy, as the shower is fully visable from the bed. The toilet was a little small however this is the only thing I could pick up on. Location is amazing, you could not ask for better.

If/when I go back to Paris I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank woodmap
Reviewed 6 May 2013

WOW! Hotel Sublim was perfect for our honeymoon! We spent a week here and could not have asked for anything more! The price was perfect, the neighborhood has easy access to everything, the view was AMAZING!! The front desk staff were so friendly and fun! THANK YOU Hotel Sublim!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Teresa S
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My husband and I spent a weekend here in April for my birthday. The hotel arranged for a taxi to pick us up from the airport that Friday and get us to the hotel & then back to the airport on Sunday.Which was very convenient so we didn't have to worry about transportation.The only thing that made me a little upset about the Taxi service was that the workers I had spoke to via email while making reservations for the hotel,had told me that the price for the taxi from the airport to the hotel was going to be 60 euro and then when it was time for us go back to the airport Sunday morning that it would be 30 euro. Well it turns out that we had to pay 70 euro for the way to the hotel and then 70 euro on the way back to the airport..when I was told otherwise. When we left that Sunday morning I had told the man at the desk about the email and asked if it was going to be 30 euro and then showed him the email.He then said that the 30 euro was only if we had a flight leaving during the day,that it would be anywhere between 60 & 70 euro...WELL WHAT?! that kind of made me mad because if I had known the taxi would have been more pricey because our flight left so early in the morning I would have got a later flight just to save some money..We did leave at 4am because we had a 6am flight BUT if that was an issue then I think it should have been included in the email that it would only be 30 euro at certain times..Just didn't make much sense to me..But the Taxi drivers were very nice, especially the one who brought us to the hotel.He spoke very little English but was very polite.

The hotel itself was nice,i loved all the different lights & color schemes.The younger man at check in was friendly and very helpful. Right outside of the hotel was the metro,which we took all through the city.Very cheap and fast.The man at the desk in the hotel explained how to use it and said if we had any problems he would come over and help,which I thought was very nice.
The elevator in the hotel was small so if you have a lot of bags it will be a tight squeeze.
Our room was nice, again I loved all of the colors and from the outside of our window we could see the top of the Eiffel Tower. It was very quirky and just my taste when it comes to a hotel room.I like different.
The shower was neat, if you don't mind showering in front of who you are sharing the room with.
Although,the way the shower was set up made the ENTIRE floor outside of the shower (where the sink and mirror are) completely soaked! it was impossible to get ready in there because the floor had so much water on it.
The bed was very comfy, and the AC worked wonders. That's a must for me.
The wifi worked decent.
Overall it was a nice stay,very convenient transportation wise,& I had a great birthday.I would stay here again on a short stay in Paris..If I was staying longer than 3 days I would probably try and book a bigger room somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple