“Beware! Tourist trap”

Ranked #14,283 of 17,628 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$18 - US$47
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Description: Welcome Aux Delices de Manon located in Paris in the 1st district . In a historical context, our dynamic and friendly team will welcome you to taste our local products . Side bakery , we offer various kinds of traditional breads and a wide selection of pastries . A tea room is also at your available where you can enjoy the quality of our Illy coffees and our Dammann teas. You can also enjoy excellent ice cream . Through our activity restaurateur we offer lunch sets from 19 to 24 €. Our specialties are snails, foie gras, and very tasty soups. See you for a moment of greed ...
Reviewed 13 June 2014

They charged us 5 Euro for lousy coffee and 8 Euro for orange juice. This is a Tourist trap. I don`t know how this people sleep at night.

1  Thank Amitai Z

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We enjoyed the food here - but having stumbled across it by accident, weren't aware of the 'rip-off' reputation. The food is fine - and there are lovely looking pastries on show (but not tried by us).

However, my omelette came with toast - and also a bottle of water was delivered each. Both turned out to be 'extras' on the bill. We noticed that they were doing this for other unsuspecting tourists also. We sent the water back - but still got caught out with the toast!

If it weren't for this sharp practice, I would give the place a 4 star rating. If you do eat here, be absolutely on your toes - and be prepared to query and turn away food that you didn't order.

These guys should be driven out of business for this practice!

2  Thank 221MichaelB
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I went into this restaurant by myself as I fancied a light lunch. I sat in the bar area and ad a baguette a fruit tart,1 coffee and a cup of tea.It was lovely!!! However when I paid it cost 46 Euros!!! I thought I must have got the exchange rate wrong and it surely must have been my mistake??? I later met up with my husband and he told me I had been ripped off. If I had been in England and this happened I would have definitely queried the bill but as a single female in a different country I can only think they must have seen me coming and played on the 'lets get the English Tourist!!!'
I wish I had done a Tripadvisor review before I had gone in there, I have never submitted a Tripadvisor review before but feel strongly that people should be warned about this place and its unethical trading-this is an absolutely disgusting way to treat Visitors to their country and should not be allowed to continue. This place definitely needs to be named and shamed!!!

1  Thank Anna M
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just joined the "got scammed" club. This place needs to be stopped from ripping tourists off. Only reason why we tried it was it was listed in Airbnb's guide of places to eat close by. We order an omelette and a croissant and couple of coffees. They bring 2 croissants, couple of bottles of evian (which we didn't order), slices of toast which we assumed was part of the omelette. boy, were we wrong. I tell the guy, we didn't order the water so he says fine. I get suspicious since the couple of local ladies next to us didn't get bottled water by default.

When the check came, it was $30 just for omelette, croissant and coffees. the coffees (regular coffee, not espresso or cappuccino) were a ridiculous 5.90 euro each. The toast we assumed was included was 6.50 euro, for toast for god's sake! Croissant was cold so gf asked for it to be warmed but the guy takes it away thinking we didn't want it - which was a blessing since he charged for one. This place just adds items like bottled water (like at least 5 euro each), extra croissant (2.90 euro) when you want just one, toast when you didn't order it to pad the check to crazy levels. Sure, this is a pricey area but this is moving into scam/rip off territory. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Spend your money at more honest establishments!

Note: I see locals eating there so I think they pull off this scam on tourists only.

3  Thank SnEEkEy
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The bad reviews above are accurate, at least for unsuspecting tourists. We ordered quiches at 7 euros each, that were advertised as coming with a side salad. The waiter asked "for the salad would you like tomatoes and cheese." We said, yes that sounds like a good side salad. We were not aware that what the waiter brought us was not the side salad that came with the quiche, but two 12 euro salads (also the worst salad I have tasted in France). But that is the "misunderstanding" these scammers are using to rip off customers. The same trick works with the water. Apparently they are the only restaurant that does not have tap water. The restaurant is a scam for tourists, avoid it at all costs. If you must eat here, get a pastry for takeaway and stay out of the restaurant.

3  Thank allainbarnett