“Great food in a cosy restaurant with great service!”
Review of Glou

Glou
Reserve with
Glou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,887 of 18,020 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$31 - US$92
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stumbled upon Glou across the road from our accommodation, and were lucky enough to get the only free seats (on a shared long, high table). Recommend booking in advance if you want to eat here.

The service we received was great and their waiting staff were happy to help us in English (which is a bonus). They also had English menus.

The food we ordered was amazing. We ordered the goats cheese bruschetta, burger, pasta with lamb and the chocolate pudding. We were very happy with it! Everything that came out of the kitchen looked delicious. Drinks were maybe a little on the pricey side, as was the food - but we felt that it was worth it (for what we ordered). The different main courses felt a wee bit lopsided on the size of the portion (lots of burger and chips, less pasta).

Would definitely go back if I was in Paris again!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

So after reading all the reviews on here and other websites, I thought that I should take my friends visiting here for dinner. So even though the staff was nice to take a reservation for the same night, when we got there the place was packed, (thinking that this was a good sign), we sat outside ( def wouldn't recommend it), very uncomfortable metal chairs, the cheap kind for garden. Inside the atmosphere seemed more pleasant.
The waitress was very nice, spoke english, recommended wines .. but the biggest disappointment was the food !!! I had the fish of the day, and they brought me I think the tail of the fish where 70% of it was bones and fat (uneatable) , with some grilled peppers and 4 pieces of green salad with no dressing at all ..and this for 25 euros !!! my friends had the meat and pasta and they weren't thrilled about it. The wine was good, for 12 euros a glass, you sort of expect it to be good. Overall I was looking forward to this place and totally disappointed! I wouldn't go back and wouldn't recommend it !

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Seated upstairs but smoke from diners outside at sidewalk tables poured in. Food was average. Lovely presentation but not properly cooked and bland. It was overpriced for the quality.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We had dinner at Glou last week with 5 other friends. Sat upstairs which has a nice view. Good ambience, delicious food and the female waitress (whose name I forget) was really attentive to all our requests and politely spoke with us in English and French. I did not read any reviews about this restaurant before attending and can only say that we had great service (unlike a few of the recent reviews).

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Food fantastic but very poor service for the price of the meal. Although the waiters were friendly it seemed the management of tjhe place was very disorganised and not up to scale for the standard of the restaurant. The waiters didn't know the wine and were unable to make decent recommendations for our menu choices. For a restaurant that prides itself on the wine list, I thought this would be a basic part of the service. The service was slow and we had to wait for the wine to eventually arrive - one glass only coming after the meal had arrived. For 24 euros a dish and 13 euros for my glass of wine, I thought this was unacceptable. Again, it also seemed that the waiters hadn't even tried any of the dishes as they were unable to describe the taste of the cochon de lait.

Having said that, the food hits the spot. The pig was excellent and the peach in green tea was an interesting choice with pistachio ice cream to die for.