“Fun, informative and lasting”
Review of Le Cheese Geek

Le Cheese Geek
Ranked #4 of 170 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Dear Cheese Geeks, let’s meet in front of Fromagerie Saisons, one of my favorite cheese shops in town. We’ll head down to the cellar below the shop where you’ll learn how to taste cheese like experts through creative and entertaining group games. Afterward, you will be ready to go on a "Tour de Fromage": six artisanal cheeses paired with six unique beverages, including wine but also beer, cider, sweet wines, and juices. You’ll discover the major French cheese terroirs as we talk geography, history, politics and share about our tastes & impressions. See you for the cheesiest adventure in Paris!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Not only was it wonderful to have extended time with somebody, The Cheese Geek, devoted to the making of excellent cheese, and not only was there delicious cheese and drink pairings, but I received a set of skills to enjoy my cheese eating experience, and share with others, for a long time to come. Thank you!

FabriceAdvisor, Gérant at Le Cheese Geek, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thanks so much Barri for taking the time to write this very enthusiastic review !

I was glad to meet you and Miryam, you really participated in the success of this tasting.

Thanks again for inviting me in NYC! Maybe i'll come one day :)

All reviews
"interactive"
"france"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This was such a fun way to learn about cheese! Fabrice is so knowledgeable, engaging and informative while keeping it exciting for the group! I'm a cheese lover and this was the perfect Parisian experience to learn about some new and interesting cheeses. Fabrice had a great way of keeping the group interactive during the tasting, which takes place downstairs in a cheese cave. I loved the pairings he chose and his passion for cheese! If you are in Paris, don't miss this treat of an experience! I cannot recommend le Cheese Geek more!

Hey JC,

Thanks so much for your kind and detailed review.

Really appreciate that you took on your personal time to help me!

And I'm super glad you enjoyed our tasting.

May your future be full of cheeses ;)

See you,

Reviewed 21 June 2018

What an outstanding experience! Fabrice is truly a cheese scholar, and offered his class a tour de fromage that was one of my highlights of my trip to Paris. The cheese extravaganza featured seven cheeses from all around the country, each paired with a drink. Fabrice gave a detailed history of each cheese, and taught us the process of properly tasting. He even gave everyone a cheese log to keep track of what we were tasting. The group I was with was cordial and friendly, although I highly suspect any group of ten people would be happy with the spread we had. Everyone left buzzed and full of delicious cheese- truly Fabrice is doing the Lord's work :)

FabriceAdvisor, Gérant at Le Cheese Geek, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thanks so much Joe for your amazing review :)

It's one of the best i ever received, I'm super glad you liked our cheesy time together !

May the cheese be with you,

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Our entire group truly enjoyed this experience. Fanrice was a joy! I would recommend the tasting to to all cheese lovers.

Hey Shan,
Thanks a lot for your review, really helping!

Your group was super funny :)

Hope you're enjoying Paris with not too much work.

Best,

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Fabrice was super accommodating, friendly and informative. I had planned this tasting with 7 co workers and then had three more want to join. Fabrice was able to adjust the size of the party, and while we were about a half hour late he had no problem getting started and didnt make a big deal of it. The cheese is of course delicious and had a drink pairing that we all loved. He was more than patient with us, and the perfect way to start our trip to paris.

FabriceAdvisor, Gérant at Le Cheese Geek, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thanks a lot Melissa for your cool review.

It was a pleasure to welcome such a nice friendly and funny group!

I hope you're enjoying your stay in Paris.

Come back to me next time for crazy cheesy events :)