“Repeat stop, good food”

Ranked #2,808 of 18,348 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Saint-Martin
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The first time I went was for lunch. Had a great steak and fries with champagne and the service was great. The second time I went for breakfast, a coffee and croissant but service wasn't as good since it was a different lady. It's cheaper to get a coffee and pastry at a bakery but the place has a good ambience and vibe. It's mostly busy during happy hours. Still I recommend it.

2  Thank mom084

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Saturday night in this hip neighbourhood and Le Valmy is not empty but far from busy also, which was a sign I shouldn't have ignored. Atmosphere was fine and the menu looked good. Food was ordered first while we contemplated the wine list. We then ordered a bottle (perhaps 5-10 minutes after the food order went in). A while later, the food arrives and the waitress departs quickly. Hmm, did she forget the wine? 10 minutes pass, and I manage to catch the waitress's eye, so I mouth "vin" while making the shape of a wine bottle with my hands... 2 minutes later the wine arrives and is plonked on the table with two glasses, no offer to taste, we are left to pour for ourselves. The wine is also not very nice but that's another issue. As for the food, it's tasty but my meat is warm while the rest is cold and my friend has the opposite problem: cold meat and the rest is warm. No one asks if we are happy with our meals. With so many other options in this area, I will not be back.

1  Thank 1stClassLounge
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We had walked a long way back towards our apartment on the last day in Paris. One look through the window at a plate of steak frites drew us in! One of the best meals we had in Paris, superb, friendly service and the best bottle of wine we had during our stay. Unfortunately it was a Rioja !! C'est la Vie. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank david o
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

A cold day outside but a warm and friendly welcome, will go again! We loved the interior and the fact local people came to this friendly cafe!

1  Thank mistertof
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Popular with the locals this restaurant ir reasonably priced and we chose it at it had quite a few people in already whereas other restaurants nearby had few customers. There was a real vibe to the place with people coming and going, a good selection of food which was tasty and well cooked!

1  Thank RP-HebdenBridge