“Unexpected, but a pleasant suprise!”
Review of Santorini

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Melbourne, Australia
“Unexpected, but a pleasant suprise!”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The name of this restaurant suggests it should not serve French food, however you'd be surprised.

We took a look at the menu and noticed it was a little different to some of the other places in Rue Harpe so we decided to give it a go.

The Carnard a l'orange was a nice dish, with the duck perfectly cooked. Lots of local, young french people were in here while we were here which confirmed our decision to stop in for a bit to eat.

The wait staff here were very attentive and nice to have a chat to when it wasn't so busy.

The menu was quite extensive, so the worst thing here will be simply choosing what you want to eat!

• Visited April 2013

Beersheba, Israel
“Supposed to be a greek restaurant”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

But it served pretty all around french food, and the workers there were not greek. Ordered omelet with bacon and mushrooms, was pretty boring, and was served without bread. It was not very expensive (nor was it very cheap) - wouldn't go back there, though.

Visited April 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Great service, Good Food & Free WiFi :)”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

After a long day of walking around sightseeing, we decided to go in because the man outside was pleasant and the pre-fixe meal looked reasonable. Once inside, the manager took care of us personally and made sure that we were happy. We ordered steak with pepper sauce and the Burgundy beef, both were delicious. I think we had spaghetti bolognese for the starter which we both enjoyed. Both the manager and waiter were very friendly and chatted us up a bit. Most importantly, they offered free WiFi which turned out to be quite a blessing. It was the first time we checked our emails in a few days and as it turned out Alitalia had cancelled our flight and switched us to another. There are a lot of restaurants in this area, this one is worth a try.

• Visited March 2013
Halkidiki
“Very friendly place”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We were looking for a place for cup of coffee and one of their guys was inviting us so kindly and we're here. They have good choice of desserts and ice-cream, so it was impossible not to try them. We took profitrolies and chocolate mousse and herbal tea (they have a wide choice too). It was a big surprise when we got our mousse - it was in 2 cups! Hm.. Maybe this is a special form of presentation? But when I saw neigbor table with single mousse it became clear that we've got bonus! So, I would like to thank them again and again, it was so nice and kind! Both desserts were very good, so I'll come back to try some of main dishes because all plates I've seen at other tables looked very good.

• Visited March 2013
Keyser, West Virginia
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

One of my favorite meals from my trip. I'm a vegetarian, so I did give traditional French food an honest try, but my options were limited and got old quick. I ordered the menu option for around the 13 euro price and chose a salad, a very generously sized "personal" pizza, and the chocolate mousse. It was absolutely delicious. The staff is very friendly spoke decent English, which was a bonus for me as my French ends at "I don't speak French." There were also several Italian families eating there when we were, and I always think that's a good sign as to its quality and authenticity.

Visited January 2013