“Nice Greek in Latin Quarter”
Review of Meteora

Meteora
Ranked #13,064 of 17,407 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Surrey, England
“Nice Greek in Latin Quarter”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Ignore the negative reviews, the service was quick and the food perfectly good. We were staying nearby and lured in partly by the offer of a free drink, but also by the food on show, and glad to say the food served looked and tasted just as good

• Visited April 2014

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Padua, Italy
“never ever ever”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

When we arrive, there seem to be difficulties in having us seated: first we have to wait standing (50% of tables unoccupied), then are seated to a table, then redirected to another, and another, for no readily apparent reason.
Finally seated, we eventually place our orders: and wait. After one hour, with no news from the cuisine, we try and beg for some information. The cathegorical answer is: "The Chef is just one, and you are so many" (there are seven of us, not forty): OK, back to the waiting.
After one other half an hour we are definitely hungry and angry, and start motioning as to go away. Magic! the food starts pouring out of the kitchen.
I will not talk about my friend's food (I know they are writing their own comments). Personally, I ordered "faux-fillet au poivre". Now, let me state that I am not particular. I have served in the Army, I have travelled all around the world for decades, I have strong professional notions concerning what is fit for human alimentation and what is not: never seen anything like this.
I send it immediately back to the cuisine: no explanation, no substitution, no apology; just the mere information that the price of the so-called fillet will be scraped from my bill. In this grim and rather unfriendly context, an old and presumably drunk gentleman (the Patron I assume) keeps on grabbing by the wrist a couple of ladies from our party, in order to invite them to some ethnic dance.
To conclude: when you go to an ethnic restaurant in the Quartier Latin on Easter Eve you're entitled to some tourist-trap stuff, and you know it: let say, you accept a kind of bargain between bad food and high prices on one side, and a cheerful environment and a good location on the other. However, a line should be drawn somewhere: and this place is far, far beyond the line.

• Visited April 2014
Terrigal, Australia
“Contrary to negative reviews we enjoyed our dinner”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

On busy Rue De La Huchette - with a smooth guy standing in doorway trying to entice diners - we were staying close by - very tired after long day and the locations suited our needs.

Very efficient service - very palatable moussaka accompanied by a bottle of house wine.

Have travelled throughout Greece - in general Greek food is not fine dining but essential comfort food - our experience matched that !

Visited November 2013
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Really good souvlaki, great service”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

It was our second time in the restaurant. We've been here 2 years ago and because the food and the waiters were really good we decided to go back during our next stay in Paris. We weren't disappointed. The hospitality is amazing, the food we ordered was really tasty( souvlaki, meze, tzatziki ) although not as good as my mothers in law:-) We visited on a Thursday night and enjoyed live Greek music and some dancing as a bonus to our dinner:-). They didn't charge us for 2 alcoholic drinks and when we pointed it out to the waiter, he said it's ok because we are such a nice couple. Needles to say we left a really big tip :-) We had a great night in there, and if we come to Paris again, we definitely will be back.

• Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Bad Food”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I dont know how else to say it except it is some of the worst food I have been served in many years of traveling. Of course we didn't go to Paris to eat Greek food as I have been in Greece many times. One of our party insisted on going there because it looked "cute" even though I informed them of the Trip Advisor ratings. They said how bad can it be? Well we found out. My lamb chops smelled and were all fat and gristle. A saganaki (fried cheese) was some sort of cheese that instead of flamed was obviouly dropped into a fryer of very old barely warm oil. Another ordered a souvlaki that the meat was dried out and tough.The salads consisted of very low quality tomatos, the lettuce was OK. Even the yoghurt I ordered at the end had some walnuts on it that bordered on rancid. I advise everyone to read the Trip Advisor reviews very carefully before going to this place.

• Visited May 2013